Hey guys!
Hope everyone had a great week! We sure did! It was a hot one. As
for some news, changes are this week. Not sure if I have changes. I assume I
do, and I have no idea of where they would send me. They will let everyone know
tomorrow. This past week we yet again were in a trio so that was quite the experience.
Elder Lessard’s companion went to his mission in Bolivia, so now we are in the
super trio trying to cover 2 areas. It has been quite tiring and busy! Sounds good about not sending packages. I am planning on leaving
everything behind. My shirts are pretty destroyed. My shoes are doing awesome.
I have been using the boots things everyday and they still look new. A lot of
my p-day clothes are pretty beat up too. They are covered in paint and
everything so I plan on leaving that behind. I bought a sweet hammock this past
week. I got it with Neuberger on one side with Honduras on the other. It is
pretty cool. I have had my eye out looking for stuff; the problem is finding
good quality Honduras souvenirs. About all of the stuff here is from the states
just shipped down here. Anyways let me know of some stuff that you want me to
bring and I will keep my eyes out.
Anyways now for this week; so like I told you this week was a hot
one. And as for Planeta they have been without water for the past two weeks. We
have had water thanks to the residential that we live in so this past Thursday
we got together as a district and decided to do a service. We started going
around a helping people fill up their buckets from the fire trucks that stop by
here daily so that the people have water. We spent a couple of hours hauling
water around for everyone. It was so awesome to be able to help others.
Hopefully the water will be getting here soon.
Just wanted to tell you of some of the experiences we had this past
week. First off while in Divisions in Lima I met a recent convert who has been
a member for 3 months and has already read the Book of Mormon and is now
reading Doctrine and Covenants. He goes to institute, is doing his family
history work and already has some names prepared to go to the temple, and is a
ward missionary. I was so impressed by this man and the spiritual strength that
he has.
A couple of weeks ago we met a family. Upon meeting the husband, he didn’t
seem to nice to us. But after trying to talk to him for a little bit, he looked
at me and said, hey gringo do you know English? I told him I did and he stated
that he would like to learn. So we started teaching him English classes. At the
end of the first English class he opened up and started asking questions about
what we did and what we teach. We left him a pamphlet of the Restoration and
the Book of Mormon. For about 2 weeks now we have been teaching him English and
answering his questions at the very end. But yesterday we were able to teach
him a lesson. We felt the spirit so strong and we were blown away by the change
of heart that this man is having. I mean he went from not wanting anything to
reading the Book of Mormon. He told us of his concerns and doubts about why there
were so many churches. It was a great experience and we hope he can continue to
progress.
While walking down the street in a part of the area that we have
never been in before we were reminded a reference that we had received the week
before but was not able to find him. While walking down the street, my comp
remembered the reference and we went and contacted a house. A man walked out
and recognized us and invited us in. Turns out that this man was the very
reference that we had received. It was very interesting how the Lord guided us
to this man. While we were there a man showed up and stated that he was a
member and was so excited to see us. It was a great experience. As for the
area, we just need to work a little closer to the members and fellowship many
recent converts and investigators. But we are really excited for many of the
people that we have the privilege teaching. There just doesn’t seem to be
enough time to get it all done.
Love you guys and thank you guys for your support.
Elder Neuberger
No comments:
Post a Comment