Is it really the 4th of May? Man does time fly. Hey guys how is
everyone? Loved the letters and I do have quite a bit of news. First off, this
week we had changes. I got changed to Progreso to the Ward Jazmines 2 with
Elder Marquezado from Ica, Peru. He has about 5 months. They put me as the
District Leader out here, so in our little district of 4 missionaries we are
going to rock it. The area is really awesome and I will be telling you guys of
some experiences that we had this week. As for Mother’s day we are planning on
calling at 4 pm Honduras time.
So Wednesday was changes and I get to the house, some actually
really nice apartments, and man you should have seen how dirty those apartments
were. So change of plans we started cleaning, for like 2 hours we did a deep
clean of the house. Now the spirit can be felt.
It has been a little weird not be a zone leader. Like the phone isn’t
ringing 24/7, and I actually can go to bed at 10:30 and even I have time to
write in my journal. It has been really nice to focus all of my attention and
focus on our area. As for our area, we
have 2 really awesome families we are teaching, one of them has been investigating
the church for almost a year, and will be getting married and baptized this
month. They are pilas!! Also we have another couple that wants to get married
and baptized and hopefully they can they will be able to do it in the beginning
of June. We have basically no members in our area, so all we do is contact and
contact. We found some inactive people contacting this week so that was cool.
Our area is up in the mountains of Progreso so everyday we hike this big hill
to our area. It is so pretty. I will take some pictures. Oh and another thing,
the members don’t give dinner here so back to the oatmeal and the pb& j.
haha
But we are really excited for this change.
As for some cool experiences that we had this week. Yesterday it was
pouring, and as we were running from sheave to sheave trying not to get very
wet, we stopped by one house, huddle against the wall. The lady walks out and
she lets us in. As we began to talk with her, we asked her is she knew who we
were, she responded by showing us her CTR ring. It was so cool; we found an
inactive family!!
We are teaching 2 brothers, Luis and Deris. They are 19 and 17 years
old. They are so cool; every time we show up they are ready and have read what
we have left with them. Hopefully they will be baptized here soon. We have been
helping an inactive lady become active again and we have been teaching her non-member
children. And yesterday one of her daughters attended church. It was so
awesome.
Well I won’t be sending pictures. The computers here are a little
sketchy so I’m not going to take the risk. But I have some great pictures. I
love you guys. Hope you guys have a great week. Talk to you guys on Sunday.
Love Elder Neuberger
One moré clean house! Hurray! I'm so happy :) HK
ReplyDelete