Pages

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Week 95: Sweating like a pig


Hey guys!
Sorry I am writing on Tuesday, yesterday we had a mission wide leaders meeting in Ceiba that was all day long. It was a great meeting, and I will share some things that I learned. Anyways so we today have somewhat a half p-day to write home and clean the house. Loved the pictures. Mayson looks beutiful (I don’t know how to spell that word), I was blown away. Is that really my sister? How cool about the young men that are getting their mission calls. What moments of excitement and a little bit of fear. How cool dad about your calling! Does that mean you are still stake secretary? 
 
I absolutely love this picture...Searching for people to teach the gospel.  Look at their smiles:)
Anyways we had a great week this week. First off just wanted to tell you guys how hot it is. I literally feel like I am in a oven. This past week it was hitting 43 degrees celius or around 110 degrees F, with what it feels like 100 % humidity. I sweat so much that all of my sun screen falls off. Oh and me and my comp got heat rash. All over my neck and part of my face and arm got a sweet sun allergy. Don’t worry mom, I am currently using medicine. Apparently its normal with this kind of heat. But in spite of the heat we worked hard. Sweating like a pig while doing it. Also the water went out in one of the colonies where we are at, luckily we aren’t effected, but everyone from that colony has been in the street with their buckets going and getting water. 




We really did have a great week, we were able to do divisions with some missionaries this past week and so that was awesome. Many of our investigators have been progressing. We found a family about a month ago and we have been visiting them. They are married, and the husband is a civil engineer and a math professor in college, has been making quite the progress. Every time we have left a commitment, for something to read, he reads it and explains it perfectly to us. Last time we had left him the plan of salvation and Alma 40 and he had read them both and explained to us perfectly the plan of salvation. He stated that it just made sense and every time he reads the book of Mormon he has the desire to keep reading. He accepted a baptism date this past week and we are so excited for him, he has two children and every time we come the wife has been taking care of them, but we hope to be able to teach the wife. 

We found a new man while walking through a part of the area that we had never been before. While walking a man yelled out to us, hey vengan! So we went over and turns out that he was a man that we contacted in the bus and gave him a pamphlet, he read it, and wants to go to church. Also we found some inactive members this past week and some of them went to church. 




Just wanted to share some things that I learned from this meeting we had with president. From the very beginning of my mission we have had the vision of real growth. Meaning that we are not only to go and baptize but to also strengthen the wards and branches where we are at by helping all go to the temple. President has always told us that we are not in missionary work, we are in the work of salvation which consists in helping all, investigators, less active, active members, recent converts and family history. When President Duncan came he stated that our converts are not only those that we baptize but whoever we help come more unto Christ and especially go to the temple. It is not only amazing to help others make their first covenant through baptism but also to help them stay strong and become more converted. That has been the focus of president and also the church especially in this part of the world. Apparently for the year 2014, the Central America had a real growth of 0 %. Our mission, or the wards and branches in our mission, had a growth of 8.5 %. When President Duncan came he was very curious to see what was going on in the mission. My favorite part of what president said was this, how do we baptize thousands of people? When we baptize converted people with testimony and help them go to the temple they will raise children, their children will serve missions and help others, and slowly but surely just like the ripple effect, will thousands of people not only be baptized but converted and endowed with power on high. President said, “during my mission I baptized more that 100 people but I am not sure if I have baptized thousands. Or in other words, missionary work doesn’t exist, rather it has been swallowed up by the work of salvation, in helping all of God’s children, member or not, to come unto Him and make covenants in His holy temples.” We too have a huge role is this work, Not only does it include helping those that live at this time come unto Christ, but also includes our ancestors. Family history plays a huge part in this work. Fulfilling our callings, visiting and home teaching, and most important family home evening, play huge roles in carrying out the work of salvation. We as missionaries are simply cheerleaders, encouraging and helping all members all around the world to fulfill their work of salvation responsibilities, to help them with their non member friends and families, to help them with their family history, family home evening, etc. Like what President Uchtdorf said, what we can count normally doesn’t count, but what we can’t count normally always counts to God. What we do to help others, normally we can’t count it. So simply my invitation is of those that the prophets and apostles have given to continue diligently in the work of salvation, fulfilling our parts. Especially in doing family history. If you can please log on to my account and take some of the names I have found to the temple. 

I love you guys. I have pictures so hang on there. 
Love Elder Neuberger
Elder Blaisdell...future hair dresser?  washed and cut Kaden's hair!


No comments:

Post a Comment