Pages

Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 94: Difficult week but still had some great experiences!


Hey guys! Happy to hear you guys had a great trip. Today we had a great p-day. We went to Tela. If we ever come back (hope we do) it would be awesome to go there. It was so beautiful. Anyways had a great week. We have been working so hard in our area, but these past 3 weeks have been hard, many people we have been visiting haven’t been progressing. I think that is the hardest part when the people stop progressing. When you watch people you love so much choose not to not to fulfill with the commitments that we are leaving. That has been really hard to see. Many of the people that were planning on getting baptized; dates have fallen through so it was a pretty difficult week. But we still had some really great experiences.
 
P-day in Tela!





This past week, the other missionaries in our ward baptized and married a complete family. The elders have been teaching the family for about 6 months and it was so awesome to see this family able to be married and baptized. They were basically members. President Klein came and baptized the wife so that was a very special experience. I will send you guys pictures.



Some recent converts have really been doing great. One family has really stepped it up and it has been awesome to be able to watch them become converted. Even though I was here only for the baptism of the daughter, I have loved to be able to watch the whole family began those steps of conversion. It has filled me and my companion with joy, as they were able to go to all of the sessions of General Conference.

So I told you about one investigator that went to general conference last week, ya well that man is a chosen man. He completed with every commitment we have left him. He wasn’t able to attend church, but is preparing to be baptized hopefully in this month. I feel the spirit so strong while we are with him. Me and my companion were on the point of crying as we taught him the restoration, the spirit was extremely strong.

Another recent convert, Sergio, while reading the book of Mormon found the answer to his prayers in Alma 11. It was a very special moment as he realized that he had been putting other things in front of God.

It has been a very interesting week, even though many of our investigators and recent converts weren’t able to progress, sure we are extremely sad but we aren’t disappointed in ourselves. We are excited for a new week and ready to get out a find and teach new people. Yesterday we realized that the stake president invited a family to church and they went like 2 weeks ago, without us knowing. So we are going to get on that.

Well I love you guys. Hope you have a great week. I took quite a bit of pictures so I will be sending them to you guys.
Love Elder Neuberger

Thumbs up with Elder Larsen...we had him and his sister over for dinner on Sunday.  We don't know if anyone else has noticed, but Kaden has a permanent thumbs up in every picture:)

Welcome back Elder Cranney with Larsen and Burwell (missionaries that served in San Pedro Sula East Mission)

No comments:

Post a Comment