Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Week 92: We are not the Tortilla Man


Hey guys!! Well can’t believe its pday today. I am so excited for Beck. I told about every one of our investigators that my brother is getting baptized. I couldn’t be more proud of my brother. It was interesting because on Friday I got to do a baptism interview and I told the guy that he was getting baptized on the best day, the day my brother was getting baptized. I am so excited for him. Congratulations Beck!!
 
March 28th, Baptism day for Elder Neuberger's little brother
Well on to the week. It was another great week here in Planeta. Here in Honduras and in Central America they celebrate Semana Santa the week of Easter. So about everyone goes to the beach or goes and visits family. It’s basically a huge party week. Kind of ironic, the most sacred week of the year turns out to be a week of parties. Hope you guys were able to see the new Easter video the church put out, it is really awesome. But anyways Semana Santa is also the hottest time of the year here in Honduras with temperatures up in the 40- 44 Celsius (104-110 F). On Sunday we saw the effects of the beginning of Semana Santa with a very low attendance. Many of our investigators are out of town visiting family so that has been a little hard not being able to visit them. 

But we had some great experiences. First off we found a new family this past week from Nicaragua (Elder Espinoza was excited about that) that is super awesome. They are married and the husband is a civil engineer. We were able to visit them twice this past week and the spirit was so strong in the lessons. I have never felt the spirit so strong of what I felt while we were teaching this family. At the end of the lesson we challenged them to baptism and they accepted. Hopefully they will be able to attend church with us. 

I don’t know if I have told you guys about a lady here in my area that has about a year of being a member. She is a single mom and 5 children all under the age of 8. About 2 months ago one of her children who was a year old passed away. Even though she can’t read and doesn’t have a job and sometimes not enough money to feed herself and her children, she is happy. She is faithful and she is blessed. After the death of her child she was very down, but this past week when we visited her she looked strong, with hope for the future. To be completely honest, I don’t know how she does it, with so many trials in her life how she keeps moving forward, but she does. Every Sunday morning, she is found making the long 20-minute walk to the church with all of her children by her side. She is my example of a person that doesn’t make excuses; she is faithful and is enduring to the end. 

As for a funny experience, a couple of weeks ago we were contacting and we contacted a house. We heard inside the mom yell out to the daughter, hey the tortillas are here go get 10! The girl comes up to the door and walks out and realizes that we aren’t the tortilla man. She looked a little embarrassed. We asked her how many tortillas she wanted, and she started to laugh, so it was a little funny experience. 

Sorry for another week that I wasn’t able to take pictures. The thing is that weeks literally feel like days and before I know it its over. I will try to take pictures of some of my area very secretly. I finished the Book of Mormon a couple of weeks ago and was able to start the Bible again. What I have found so interesting about reading the bible is the influence and the kind of person Christ was to all. He truly is our example, and the way that we must live our lives so that we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. I cant find anything more powerful and more touching then that the 3 most heart felt prayers ever offered asking if there was not another way to do it, but at the end stating with full confidence in our Father, nevertheless not my will, but thy will be done. How powerful are those words!! That instead of backing out and throwing in the towel because it was too hard or too painful Christ moved forward and declared that His will was the Father’s will. He is the perfect example of obedience that we must follow. We too along with Him, must state, not my will, but thy will be done. I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ. And even though I don’t know fully comprehend what He has done for me, I do understand that through and by His infinite sacrifice, all human kind may be saved through our personal obedience and repentance. 

I love you guys and hope you guys have a great week! Stay safe!
Love Elder Neuberger

No comments:

Post a Comment