Hey family! It was so awesome to see you guys yesterday and to be
able to talk to you. Crazy how time flies right? Feels like it was only a
couple of months ago that we were all outside the Provo temple. It is exciting
and yet at the same time sad to be finishing the mission. Exciting because it
is something new and to be able to return, sad because you have to say goodbye
to all those who you serve and love so dearly. But thank you guys for your
words of encouragement.
We had a great week this week. Basically we contacted all day every
day. But we had an amazing miracle this past week with the couple that will be
getting married in a couple of weeks. While running around to get everything
ready for their wedding, they learned that they had to get a medical exam. So
they went to the doctor and the doctor told them that it would cost them over
1000 limps over 50 dollars to be able to get the exam done for the two of them.
They went away discouraged and disappointed having spent almost everything they
had to be able to get everything done. So they went away thinking well maybe
next week we would have the money to do those exams. But as they crossed the
park to take a taxi home a man that was in a marriage class with them beckoned
them to come. So they went and talked to him and to their surprise learned that
in the park and group of doctors that had been traveling Honduras doing free
blood tests for marriages were there and had just barely arrived. So they went
and received their exams free. So thanks for the hand of God they were able to
pull out their papers and are now ready to go. It was a miracle.
I have been really grateful for the wonderful opportunity that the
Lord has given me to be able to serve Him in spite of my many weaknesses and
challenges. He truly calls the weak and the small to carry about His great
work. Truly through Him; small and weak things can become strong. It has been a
blessing that I cannot describe to be able to experience the Lord’s hand in my
life. There are still many things to improve, many things that I can change,
but what I have been able to accomplish in my mission was my own personal
conversion and my own personal testimony of Jesus Christ. I consider that to be
the greatest possession I have in my life. I think my biggest worry especially
in this area is to see returned missionaries that are now currently inactive.
Many returned missionaries here in my area are now currently inactive. But upon
thinking and pondering on this issue as to what is the secret to helping them
and to helping myself and all those stay strong, has to do with the foundation
that we have over Christ. We must simply trust in the promise that is Helaman
5:12 knowing that if we do our part the Lord will do His. Staying strong and
faithful to Christ has to do with a constant and diligent effort in keeping our
foundation strong and firm over Jesus Christ.
| Our last skype...we sure do love our missionary! |
Well I love you guys and hope that together we might always be found
faithful to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I love you guys and sorry that I
can’t send pictures. We have to write in an awful internet cafe that I do not
trust at all. But don’t worry I am taking pictures.
Love Elder Neuberger
No comments:
Post a Comment