Hey guys! Well another week has come rolling around here in La Planeta!!
This past week was pretty calm nothing to crazy or out of the norm. We
were able to visit with quite a bit of members so that was very awesome. Also
many of our investigators have been progressing so that is always a
miracle. This past week we had an experience that needless to say rocked
me a bit. We have an investigator whose name is B. He is an awesome man who has
been prepared by God. He has been diligently studying the Book of Mormon and
has been progressing quite a bit. Last week we left the invitation for him to ask
of God if the Book of Mormon and the things that we had been teaching him was
the truth. He accepted the invitation and for the next couple of days we prayed
and prayed that he would receive his answer. When we stopped by the next week
on Tuesday, we checked up on his prayer and stated that it was the first time
in his life that he had prayed sincerely. After he stated that his excitement
to read the book of Mormon and to listen to us went down. He began to think
that maybe it wasn’t the truth and just continue on in his life. I was
completely shocked, first because I was fully confident that God was going to
respond to his prayer that time. I went completely blank after and many doubts
began coming into my head. He asked us, why God hadn’t responded to him? I
looked at him with a blank stare, and seemed to be overcome in doubts. Thanks
to my comp who began to start to explain that God responds in His own time and
own way. That whole day I felt so unsure. That night I knelt and prayed asking
God if it really was the truth. And like we had promised to him, God answered
my prayers that night, the strong and yet sure feeling of security and peace
were undeniable. What a great promise that He has given us that if we lack
knowledge we can ask Him and He will answer. As we know God answers our prayers
according to His time and will and normally will not give us more than we need.
It doesn’t make any sense to give someone 1000 dollars to buy a gallon of milk,
its the same with God, He normally gives us just enough to act. You might ask
why? Why would God not give us a big huge answer? Elder Bednar states, “it is
because He trust us”.
I am very grateful that God answers our prayers. What a huge and
glorious promise that God will answer someone’s prayer!! One reason I know that
God loves us is because He has given us prayer. What a powerful resource and
tool we have. I now know for myself that if someone asks of God, He will
respond.
A part member couple we are teaching have been preparing to be
married this past week. Their sacrifices and effort they have put forth to get
married has been huge and they are making their way to being an eternal family.
So this next week we will be having a wedding!!
Well Family that was about my week. We found some new families this
past week thanks to our awesome ward mission leader. Even ending up finding a
part member married family!!! Also spent an hour of contacting yesterday in a
richer part of our area, and only 1 person responded, the majority of them just
seeing us and hiding in their houses.
Well I love you guys! Hang in there Mayson. Glad to hear that you guys are improving on
scripture study and prayers. Truly the challenge is not to do it, but to do it
constantly. I love you guys and have a great week!!
Love Elder Neuberger
No comments:
Post a Comment