Pages

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 82: Do the small things

We had dinner with one of Kaden's missionary buddies, Elder Larsen.  He returned home on January 8th.  Makes us feel a little bit closer to Kaden having familiar faces around.

Hey guys sounds like this past week was quite the adventurous one. Too bad for Mayson, the ironic thing is that it is always happens like that, in the wrong spot at the wrong time and the knee gives out. Hang in there Mayson. Well how cool that you guys were able to find Elder Larson. He was always one of my examples for my whole mission. He has served pretty close to me throughout the whole mission so he will have some pretty cool stories. Oh and also have him speak Spanish; he speaks the best Spanish I have ever heard. Crazy that he is at school right now. We had a great week this past week and I have seen many miracles happen here. As Elder Larson told you we are very supported by the ward here. 

So about a week ago we contacted a man on the side of the road. On our 2nd visit we arrived and he had completely changed. He had read 5 chapters in the Book of Mormon and also read and answered all of the questions in The Restoration pamphlet. This man perfectly understood everything about our message, and accepted the invitation to be baptized. I almost started crying the spirit was so strong. It was a testimony builder to me that really what I teach is the truth and it changes lives. He has been going through some hardships because he doesn’t have work, but he said that when we arrived and what we said, was just what he needed. He commented to us that even though he had many problems he felt in peace. He and his family have been prepared by the Lord. 


Baptism of Sergio:)



Another miracle. This past week one of our investigators was able to be baptized. Right before his baptism a month ago he and his family went to Olancho for vacations. While in Olancho he read 200 pages in the Book of Mormon and while there his mother’s heart was soften and gave him permission to be baptized. She also came to his baptism and to church the next day. We also this past week found many other really amazing families that are also married. One of them when we contacted them just allowed us in and told us that they really want to become closer to God.

Just wanted to also tell you a couple things that I learned this past week. The Gospel is all about learning how to do the small things better in our lives. Learning how to pray more sincerely, read the scriptures with real intent, and to serve others with love. This past week I have really tried to improve my prayers and trying to be a lot more grateful and focused on others. It made all of the difference. As it states in Moroni 8 that through diligent prayer we maintain our love for others and for God. I feel like I am now beginning to understand the true power of prayer and of scripture study. That makes me so happy to hear that you guys have been improving with scripture study and with family prayers. Keep it up!! I love you guys and thanks for all you do and for your support. Tell Mayson to hang in there.

I love you guys!
Elder Neuberger

P-day working out

No comments:

Post a Comment