Pages

Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 81: Members Make the Difference


Hey guys!   Well another week has gone by and this week was quite a successful one. Like I told you last week, that this week we were going to visit the members with other priesthood holders and encourage them to fulfill with their missionary responsibilities. It was a success. We ended up doing divisions with priesthood leaders 3-4 days this past week and received over 20 references. We were able to have more than 40 lessons and as a result many more people began to progress. We found some very chosen people and also helped many young men to become a lot more excited for their missions. 

There are just so many experiences that I would like to tell you about. We had many amazing experiences while finding this past week especially with the Book of Mormon. We gave out more than 2 a day and many people opened up their doors to listen to us. We found a couple of families, people looking for the truth, and also a man who had been attending the church for over 6 months. While on a division with another young elder, we felt the impression to contact a house. They allowed us in and we began teaching the mom and she opened up to us saying that her daughter was killed a while back and with many unanswered questions, decided to stop attending the church she was attending. She told us that she didn’t know where she should go and why God would allow that to happen to her. I was so grateful for the Book of Mormon in that moment that allowed us to testify of this testing period of life. We later found out that her son has wanted to attend church and learn more thanks to the influence from his member boss.

On another division I went with the elder quorums president and we went and visited a family that we had contacted the week before. The family is catholic but hasn’t attended for a long time. The testimony of the members that were with me were so powerful. We talked about the book of Mormon and also the church. The elder quorums president is a recent convert of two years testifies powerfully of the power of the restored gospel and as we left the man had changed. He was very willing to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and also decided to go to church this next week. The testimonies of the members are so powerful! As time has gone by in my mission, the simple truths of the restored gospel have become so precious to me. To be able to hear or bear a sincere testimony of these truths has been such a blessing to me, and then to be able to watch the effects. I still find myself shocked with the change that is caused by the restored Gospel. 

This past week, we had the opportunity to see the gospel bless so many people. I am so grateful for the wonderful opportunity that I have to be a representative of Jesus Christ. It scares me to think that the time is ticking down. There really aren’t words to describe a normal day as a missionary. It is something that has to be lived rather than described. With so many people that pass by us during the day, that have concerns, doubts, fears, and desires that need the gospel, needless to say I feel sometimes overwhelmed with how many people that are in need of the gospel and how little time we have to do it. 

I love you guys and am so grateful for your support. Oh and another thing sorry I don’t have pictures, haven’t really taken any pictures this past week. But this week I promise I will take some!

Love you guys
Elder Neuberger

No comments:

Post a Comment