Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2015

Week 84: Don't take your foot off the pedal


Hey guys! Well this past week was a great one. Hold on tight because we had some really great experiences. First off, thanks for doing that thing for me for BYU. I just notified my president. Well before I talk about the week, today we went to Tela, and hung out on the beach and ate with the zone and it was awesome!! I will send some pictures. Changes are this next week so we will see how it goes. I doubt we have changes but who knows. Another thing we will also be changing house this next week. One of the bishopric members will be moving and we will be moving into his house. Its really nice, air conditioning, washing machine. etc. It is a residential here in our area and right next to us is one of the stake counselors, so it will be a cool move.




This past week we had a wedding!! An inactive man and his non member wife got married and it was awesome!! She will be getting baptized this coming Saturday. The wedding was really great and what was even better was to know that they would be keeping the commandments. The wedding also turned out to be a golden place to find families as we were able to find a young family that also wants to get married. 



I don’t know if I have ever told you about one of our investigators. His name is Kike. He has had a pretty rough past life (drugs, women, etc). About 40 years ago he suffered an awful accident that left him in a wheelchair paralyzed from the waist down. He has a fighting spirit and lives in a small wooden house and really doesn’t do a lot. The missionaries found him about 2 months ago and he has progressed slowly but surely. He is addicted to coffee and tobacco and sometimes drinks, but every Sunday he comes with us to church. He has been slowly letting go of his addictions and his testimony of the church has grown. He bore his testimony yesterday in Elders quorum and it was so powerful.


Just a spiritual thought. This past week I was reminded of a very important lesson about enduring to the end. I think sometimes as people we think that when everything is good or we think we have done enough then we seem to take the foot off the pedal and stop progressing. As we read in the scriptures that Satan uses, all is well in Zion to lead many people away. As disciples of Jesus Christ we never get to a point where we have done enough and that we don’t have to keep doing the small things in our lives. If I have read the scriptures and prayed diligently for 40 years, that does not give me the excuse or the reason to stop doing it. As Nephi asked that after we are baptized, if everything is all done? NO! In my mission and in my life I have had times where I have fallen into the temptation to think that I’ve done enough. Normally these moments are almost always followed with a very humbling and eye waking experience. Enduring to the end, means doing all we can, all the time, in all places and for the right reasons to do what is right until the very end. If there is something that makes me the most sad and also scared is to see many people that have fallen away after following faithfully along the path of discipleship. I invite each and every one of us, including me, that we might recommit ourselves to endure to the very end following the example of Jesus Christ. I love you guys and hope you guys have a great week.  
 
Elder Neuberger with Elder Criddle

Love you guys
Elder Neuberger

No comments:

Post a Comment