Just going to answer some of the questions so I don’t forget in my
group email. So my area is right outside of San Pedro and in between La lima.
Dangerous is a relative term here in Honduras, and basically as long as you aren’t
looking for trouble you won’t find it. I feel safe, especially being a missionary;
everyone is very respectful towards us. We live pretty close to members there
are about 4 families that live around us. The whole area is basically small
streets and loaded with houses. The people here are not as receptive as those
in Olanchito but God prepares His children in all parts and I will tell you
some experiences in my letter. It is a very nice area, a ton of member support,
and a ton of food also. We have a gym so I have been going. I have lost a ton
of muscle and feel like I have just gained fat. Elder Vargas has been here for
a change or in other terms about a month and a half. So we aren’t opening the
area. I will call you guys on Skype on Thursday around 2pm. The calls are to
between 30 to 45 minutes. Let me know if that is all right. Hang in there my
other email will be coming right in.
Wow the 22nd of December. Where does time go? I still remember clearly
last year. Hey just to start, thanks for the picture cards things, they have
been awesome to give out and the Book of Mormon hero cards things have been a
hit with the kids here!
This past week was filled with miracles. We have been having some
difficulties with finding new people and we spent a lot of time looking,
because many of our visits fell through. But it seemed every house we contacted
they rejected us. And it was like this for a couple of days and just like
always the sun comes out after the storm, people starting appearing and some
new investigators starting progressing. The most special experience for me this
past week was on Saturday. We arrived back from the multi-zone and every one of
our visits fell through. We started looking and about every person we talked to
or that stopped us in the street were very receptive to our message. But as we
turned the corner of a street a young mother and her 2 children came running up
to us. It was about 7pm and most people at this time do not like to leave their
houses for danger reasons. But when she saw us she took courage and decided to
leave to visit a friend of hers. As we were walking we talked with her and she
was extremely receptive. She has a Christian background but hasn’t been
attending any church with her family. As we walked with her she was so grateful
and kept talking about what a miracle it was that we were there. We gave her a
pamphlet and she accepted us to come back and visit her family! It was a huge
miracle for me to see how the chosen and prepared people just appear.
| Elder Neuberger's new zone |
Yesterday was a great day, an inactive father and his non member son
were able to go to church. The young people bore their testimonies on their SOY
(efy) experiences and when the meeting was over, we saw this inactive father
and son with wet eyes and touched hearts.
This past Saturday was our Christmas multi-zone and man was it
awesome. President has really mastered his multi-zone conference skills because
they are so great. The zone I am in is pretty small but all of the missionaries
are really awesome and hard workers. Thanks for everything guys. Loved the
pictures and I also took some pictures too.
I love you guys!
Elder Neuberger
| Elder Neuberger with his new companion...striking the missionary pose with the thumb up! |
| Loving the Holiday cheer...they look so happy! |
No comments:
Post a Comment