Pages

Saturday, December 6, 2014

Week 75: So many Miracles


Wow can’t believe it is already December. Where does the time go! I have literally lost track of time and kind of freaked out when I figured how much time I have in the mission. Not wanting the mission to end for sure. My english has gone completely southward, I just feel so out of words to try to put into perspective what it is like to be a missionary. It is an experience that I will never forget. It is so hard to explain the feeling when you come back beat down, hungry, soaking wet, dirty, and sweaty but inside you feel energized, ready, and excited to keep going. Miraculously God allows us to do everything we need to do and get in done in a day. When there are so many miracles happening it is so hard to try to put them into words, and write them down, so I feel pretty bad not being able to write at least a 1% of what goes on during the week. So sorry for not being able to write last week too much, this week I have a ton of pictures and some pretty cool news. 
Elder Neuberger with his companion and Pres. Klein


Kaden with the Elders of Coyoles


Well this next week, we are going to be on TV again! But this time with the zone and we are going to sing some hymns and put the new “He is the gift” church video (I highly recommend watching it). I will get a good quality video so don’t worry. 

What an amazing, busy, crazy, and tiring week! With baptism interviews, weddings, pouring rain, and baptisms it was quite the week. This past week the family that we have been teaching got married and baptized. Everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. The adversary did not want this family to get married or baptized. While the wife was in Gualaco Olancho pulling out her papers so many bad things happened, banks closed, power outage, and missing buses. But she pushed through and miracles came with her while she showed up the last bank she could find, the power went out, and as they were leaving the power came back on, only with enough time for her to pay for her papers and then went out again. Luckily she made it back in time before a huge rainstorm hit and destroyed some of the bridges. But they got married. The husband hasn’t had work for the past 2 weeks and was tempted by a work offer on the day of his baptism and didn’t get back til 8:20pm, we called him and he told us that he and his family would be baptized that day if it had to be at 8:30 that night. Him and his family were baptized at around 8:40pm a pure miracle. 
Signing the Marriage papers




Another man we are teaching also got baptized this past week. He wanted to be baptized on Sunday and called us Saturday night saying he wasn’t feeling too good and wasn’t sure if he would be able to get baptized, but he told us that he was going to see. We showed up to the church early and waited and at 7am he showed up ready and prepared to be baptized. He was baptized in ice-cold water at 8am in a white jumper held together by our pins on our missionary badges. After the two men that were baptized received the Aaronic priesthood they then received a warm welcome to their quorum.

Name tags aren't just used for identification...thank goodness they can improvise!




We witnessed many miracles this past week. The biggest came when we went after to church to visit the people that had been recently baptized and they told us that they just felt so happy and didn’t know why. While we took pictures with them before their baptisms I felt the love of God for them, and that He was happy for them and was pleased with what they are doing. 

Well I want to send you some pictures so I will finish right now. Thank you so much, and I just wanted to apologize for my lack of communication with you guys. Thanks for everything you guys do. I love this work. No other place I’d rather be.

I love you guys
Elder Neuberger

Kaden with the Branch Presidency

 Zone Olanchito  "Where's Waldo?--I mean where is Kaden?"

No comments:

Post a Comment