Well I have news this week. Well as I told you last week about
changes for my companion, I also had changes. They pulled the two of us out,
Elder Montengro for sickness, and me because I had been in the zone for 7 and a
half months. It was really hard leaving. Hna Iliana started crying, the only
way I could make her stop crying was to tell her I would be coming back. So
looks like we have a trip to do after the mission. I am now in the Planeta!!
With Elder Vargas from Dominican Republic. He is 20 years old and has 16 months
in the mission. We are the zone leaders over zone La Lima. I am in the Planeta
just outside of San Pedro. Kind of weird because so many member families that
were in my San Pedro ward have moved over here and I was able to meet; also
other members that would always visit with us. There is a possibility that this
could be my last area so that has been a weird thing trying to wrap my mind
around it. Oh and your package came and we are very grateful for what you sent
us. Oh and to let you know, you guys had already sent me those two CDs I think
last year, but my companion was happy to have them so thank you. We will love
giving away those Christmas cards.
The Leadership Council was a blast. President decided to do a p-day
with the leadership because the week of changes we don’t really get a p-day
because we have to go to changes. So he organized something and we had the hike
and something after the council. It went really well. Well the Planeta is
actually one of the strongest wards in the mission with a normal attendance of
230 people. Our church building is 2 floors. It is huge! Pretty crazy coming
from Olanchito back to the city. Thanks for letting me know about Steve Mays.
He will be in my prayers. Please also thank Grammy for the package she sent me,
it is very special. About Christmas talking. I will let you guys know next week the
details. It will be just like the last times we have talked. How awesome about
Dad’s shoulder, keep up the good work!
Wow time still keeps going by quickly and Christmas is getting near.
Can’t believe I am in another area; didn’t I just start the mission? Well it
still feels like it. Well here in the Planeta it is really awesome. There are a
ton of members and the member support here is incredible. Everyone is so
friendly and is willing to serve us. We had a baptism of a young lady named Kateleen
who is the remaining non-member of her recent convert family. She is very
prepared and their family is progressing very quickly in the gospel. This past
week was filled with miracles. We spent some time contacting and were able to
find and teach some really awesome people.
Yesterday we showed up to a less active members house to find her
friend there with his wife and child. We asked if we could share a message with
them and they allowed us to. This man is about 27 years old, is married
(legally), and has a 3-year-old child, go to no church, and is one of the
mailman that delivers the Books of Mormon and other church material to the
church offices. As we began to share with him we quickly realized that he and
his family are very prepared to receive the gospel. God will guide us to His
prepared children or them to us. We have really loved this “He is the gift” thing, the big push of
the church right now. It has helped us in so many ways and we have been able to
teach a lot of people through it.
Well things are starting to calm down a little more, with changes,
moving areas, meetings, and baptism interviews, and also having to pack and
unpack, to pulling all-nighters because we had to take the 2 am bus, needless
to say it has been one busy and difficult week. Something that has really been
on my mind this past week has been the powerful influence of love and the Book
of Mormon in peoples’ lives. At the beginning of my mission, I tried to look
for the perfect investigator, the person that has just been waiting for us, and
sure these people exist but as I learned further on that we have to help them
realize what they are looking for. The Gospel is truly for all it doesn’t
matter what you wear, where you live, or what you believe it has the power to
change lives. It seems like each and every day I seem to understand a little
more of the lessons I was taught as a child and come to understand the beauty
and the simplicity that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is. So I guess this next
week my invitation would be to give out a Book of Mormon, write your testimony
in it and give to someone. The Book of Mormon is one of the biggest gifts that
we have to offer.
I love you guys and I am so grateful to be a missionary. Thanks so
much for your support and your prayers. I love hearing from you guys and seeing
your pictures. Hope everyone is doing well. I have pictures so hold on!!
Love Elder Neuberger
No comments:
Post a Comment