Hey guys!
Hope everyone has had a great week. Well while you guys were
enjoying the snow I was enjoying that extremely hot Honduran sun. And man does
it burn!! haha Anyway we will be having some pretty great experiences these
next couple of weeks, Elder Duncan is coming on Wednesday and Elder Andersen is
coming on the 14 or in about 2 weeks. So everyone has been really excited about
that.
We had a really positive week this past week. Many of our
investigators starting progressing and we were able to find some really awesome
families!! One investigator has taken the determination to be baptized this
next Saturday so we are really excited for her. She has been working hard to
overcome her coffee addiction.
We found a family this past week. We received a reference and
finally found them this past week. The first one came when we were contacting.
We contacted a house and the lady just let us in. We walked in confused as to
why she had just let us in. All she asked us is why we hadn’t stopped by
before. Well turns out that she is a member, inactive, and right behind her lives
a family that found us in the street asking for us to visit them. We finally
found them!! The second came as we were looking again for another
reference and when we thought we had found the house, the lady walks out and
asked us what took us so long. She invited us in and we had an amazing lesson
with her and her family! The good news is that they are married and even
accepted the invitation to be baptized! Another family that we have been
teaching has been making a lot of progress. They have been to church twice now,
we finally met the husband and have been reading and praying. The daughter has
even been sharing the gospel with her friends!!
We have been having some very great experiences. I think the thing
that happens, and its not a good thing, but as missionaries I think sometimes
we get accustomed to having great miracle experiences. My experiences as I have
told you guys before are very difficult to put into words. It is something that
must be lived and experienced.
Just wanted to share a spiritual thought that one of the past
bishops here shared with us yesterday. The key to having Christ in our lives
lies in having him constantly in our sights. Just like Peter when he tried to
walk on water, he kept his sights on Christ but as he was scared and took his
sights off Christ, he slowly began to sink. There is peace, safety, and comfort
in having our sights constantly on Christ. I don’t think I could emphasize the
importance of daily scripture study and prayer. My testimony of these two
things has grown immensely. I sent a couple of pictures to you guys. Love
you guys and hope you have a great week!
I love you guys
Elder Neuberger
No comments:
Post a Comment