Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Week 65: To waste and wear out our lives to bring light...


Sorry I took so long to send you guys an email today. We went to Trujillo today with the zone just to see it. It was awesome!! But it was an all day event and that is why I am writing so late. I am not going to be able to write too much today so hopefully I can write some of the miracles that we had this week. 

The zone is doing great and changes will be next week. I doubt that we will have changes but you never know. Happy to hear everyone is doing great and everyone had a great time. Loved the pictures and the letters. Sounds like Mallory is kicking butt in tennis and Mayson was quite the star during homecoming. Crazy how everyone has grown in just a year or so. Well this past week we had some really amazing experiences so put your seatbelts on and get ready.

While contacting this past week we knocked on a door (yelled buenas) and a woman walked out saying in broken Spanish that she did not speak Spanish. As she was going back inside we yelled out that we spoke English and she stopped and walked out. As it turns out she is from Tennessee and came down here about a month ago with her 2 children to live with her husband who is a native from here. We were so blown away and I had quite the difficulty speaking English to her. When we came back a couple days later, we taught our first lesson in English in my whole mission. I was on divisions at the time with a new missionary from the states so that was helpful. We taught about the Book of Mormon and that experience has to be one of the coolest experiences of my mission. It is hard to explain it but during that time my mind was opened and I was able to remember all of the English I had forgotten. In fact my companion and I had been practicing for a couple of days the lessons in English. They are progressing and have plans to get married. She knows hardly any Spanish and I will keep you posted how their progress goes.

Another amazing experience came while contacting once again. My companion and I have a knack for contacting and we love knocking doors and meeting people. We contacted this house and talked with a lady for a bit and she allowed us to come back and visit with her family. When we came back we had a very cool lesson about our purpose and the purpose of Jesus Christ. After the lesson, the family completely opened up and began to ask us a ton of questions. (something missionaries love, questions!!!) We answered them and they began to trust us. The father is a reporter on the local TV station and stopped us as we were talking, he looked at us and said, you know I would like it if you guys came with me on my TV show to clear up these doubts that the people have about you guys. So this week my companion and I will be on TV—“preaching the gospel!!!” I think you guys can watch it, the show is everyday besides Sunday from 10-11 in the morning and is broadcasted on the Internet. They are called channel 32 in Olanchito, Yoro, Honduras. When we find out we are going to ask some members to record us so hope you guys can watch it!
Yesterday some members invited their friends to church so yet another amazing experience to watch members be missionaries. This past week I studied in Doctrine and Covenants 121- 123. As you well know they are some very special sections. I was especially impressed by what it said at the end of 123 where it talks about our imperative duty. The Lord tells us to whom we owe our imperative duty and then He tells us what is our duty, to waste and wear out our lives bringing the light to hidden places. Those words were burned into my head as I thought of our duties now as missionaries and our duties to come that we must give everything we have. I love the Lord’s word choice to waste and wear out our lives. That is my duty and our duty as priesthood holders and members of His church…to waste and wear out our lives to bring light.

Well I love you guys and hope you guys have a great week and will be able to watch us on TV! haha about the package I am good with what ever. I can buy deodorant down here so don’t worry about those kind of things, just food, and whatever cool gospel books you can find or cool stuff like that. 

Thanks guys and good luck on your surgery dad! That’s too bad about Uncle Lawrence and good for you guys to go down there. Love you guys so much and have a great week!

Love Elder Neuberger 

No comments:

Post a Comment