Hey everybody!! Sounds like everything went well this past week.
Can’t believe really that another week has gone by, just seems like things go
by faster now. Thanks for asking questions, I have forgotten quite a bit of
English and actually feel more confortable to certain things in Spanish rather
than in English so I am not able to write as well. I am not sure how long of a
hike it was, it took about 3 hours to climb and 2 hours to come down. It was
pretty long but really awesome. and ya we went all the way to the summit.
Olanchito and Coyoles remind me of Utah that’s why I like it so much! The extra
mattresses are mattresses from some members they loaned us for when the
Coyoles’ elders have to go to San Pedro or something like that and have to stay
in our house. It’s an apartment, and we live about 5 blocks down from the Bella
Vista branch building. In Olanchito there are two branches, Olanchito and
Bellavista. The sisters live in two different houses about a 10 min walk from
ours. We hardly see them, just in district meeting and on Sundays. As zone
leaders we have the opportunity to work very closely with the district
presidency, which has been really cool to learn from them.
(In
the paragraph following, I asked certain questions in my last letter about picking
him up from his mission, to college and when the next transfers would be) I know I am probably jumping the gun on
asking about school and coming home, but I am just getting excited that we only
have 9 plus months left….)
As for your question mom, I am not sure, I would love it if you guys
came and got me, I think it would be really cool, just not sure what is the
safest way. Here in Olanchito and in Coyoles it would be really awesome, I
think it would be best with a rental car that we travel in. But I am good with
whatever. Let me know what you think, maybe ask Sister Klein. The only other
missionary that did that that I know of was Elder Mackay, who was the AP that
received me when I came. If you come
and get me I will be a missionary still so we will have to follow missionary
rules but we could have some really special experiences being able to meet the
people. I feel more comfortable here in church clothes rather than normal
clothes. But let me know what you think and I am good with anything. Where does
Quinn want to go? To be completely honest I haven’t thought much after my
mission, mostly I have thought about my mission, and the kind of family I want
to have and the person I want to be. But I will continue to think on what I
want to do, and I will let you know. What are your suggestions? What do you
guys think? Where does Mayson want to go? I am leaning more towards BYU but not
sure yet. Next changes are the 1st of October.
| This is something that Kaden's little brother and sisters are doing to help them see how much time he has left! |
Well we had a pretty great week this past week. Walking in the
pouring rain, meeting all different kinds of people, teaching, helping, and
watching the Atonement of Jesus Christ take effect in the lives of these people
is something that I wouldn’t trade for anything. During my studies this past
week, I was very impressed with the promises for the faithful in Doctrine and Covenants.
In about every section it says about the same phrase to those who are faithful
shall be... and then a ton of promises. Truly God loves us and my testimony of
His love has grown immensely. I learned that to be righteous not only means to
do righteous actions but to have righteous intentions. Really keeping the
commandments comes down to if we really love God or not. This past week I
did divisions with Elder Perdomo and I think he is probably the funniest
missionary in the whole mission. He has that gift that he can get anyone to
laugh. I felt his love for the people and his love for the work. We had a
really great experience at about the end of our division, (funny thing, about
every visit that we had scheduled fell through during the division) where we
were contacting and contacted a married family that doesn’t go to any church so
we were really excited about that. We had a very awesome experience this past week where we were able
to leave with a member and visit one of his friends. He was a young father who
has 2 children and his wife and the member invited him to church and he came.
This awesome member was on his side the whole time helping him and guiding him.
The investigator at the end told us that he hoped he could keep going! The
miracles of member missionary work are unmatched! Well this week we are
going to have some baptisms that we are really excited for. I feel so
honored to be on a mission, to be able to serve others. I love being a
missionary.
I love you guys, and so proud of you guys. Thanks for your support
and thanks for answering my question. Love you guys and have a great week this
week!
Love Elder Neuberger
No comments:
Post a Comment