Well time just doesn’t seem to slow down, in fact just seems to go
by faster. It doesn’t feel like I have been gone for a long time in fact it
feels like I left a little bit ago. We had a really great week this past week. Well
today for pday we climbed a mountain called Pacura. We got up at 5 am and got
back around 2 pm or so. I’m pretty beat, we went as a zone there and I sent
some pictures that are really awesome so I hope you enjoy them.
| Pretty cool they hiked to the top of that mountain. |
We had a multi-zone with President Klein on Thursday which was
really awesome. A man came who talked to us about family history work and said
something interesting that 95% of recent converts stay active in the church if
they are involved in family history work. You know I was thinking about it and
to think that every Child of God needs to receive the saving ordinances and to
think about how many people that is; I mean we need to get on this! We got to
get working on our family history! Even though it looks like it is pretty much
done there is actually still a lot to do. Think of how awesome it would be to
sit down one night a week as a family and do a little family history, read and
talk about our ancestors, and once a month make a temple trip where we would do
the work for the people we have found. I think that would be really awesome.
Not only would we grow closer as a family, we would invite the spirit of Elijah
into our house and we would help more and more of our own family receive the
blessings that we have. To get started log into my lds.org account and I have about 25 names or
so ready to go to do the work for them in the temple. To me doing that was such
a big help before my mission and I can’t wait to continue to do it with you
guys.
This past week I have been thinking a lot about how much God loves
us. He loves us perfectly and He puts us in places, situations, circumstances
to teach and to help us have faith in His Son. Isn’t that amazing, everything
that He does is for our benefit. He always knows best, I mean He is our Father
and loves us perfectly. Our lives will be so much simpler and happier if we
will just choose to do what He asks.
This week we had some miracles. We had a pretty difficult week this week
all of the visits we had fell through and many of our investigators didn’t
progress. It is always so hard to see that, but we always have to respect their
agency. It’s interesting how God works that always at the end when the hope is
just about to give, a miracle happens. Many times this week we stood out in the
middle of the rain after every visit had fallen through, the members couldn’t
leave with us, and we began to contact. Contacting in the rain is quite effective
because everyone (if they are nice) lets you in. Especially yesterday as we
contacted after everything had fallen through the Lord put many of His prepared
children in our path and for those experiences I am so grateful. There is no
greater feeling than to know you did what the Lord wanted you to do.
I wanted to tell you about the progress of one of our recent
converts. I think I have mentioned her in about every one of my letters but
when we stopped by on Saturday she had read all the way to Alma 51, is paying
her tithing, and is holding her own family home evenings. She has had her
children read all the way to 2 Nephi 31. Pretty amazing the progress she and
her family are making. She will also be taking us to visit all of her neighbors
today so I am very excited for that. She said something this past week that
really touched us. We asked her about the Book of Mormon and how it has been
and she looked at us and asked us and her friend who invited her to church; why
she had lived so long in her life without knowing about it and why we hadn’t
visited her before.
I love you guys and hope you guys have a great week. I hope and pray
that we might always be able to do and be what He expects of us. Thanks for
your support and I love you guys!
Love Elder Neuberger
No comments:
Post a Comment