Hey family!
How is everyone? I loved the pictures this week and loved the
letters. Time has gone by way too fast here in the mission. Especially if you
guys only have 8 letters left! Well today for p-day we didn’t do a lot, we had
a zone activity where we played soccer and ate pizza. Before I start I will
tell you some stuff about my companion. First off, he is always happy. We sing
and laugh all of the time. His mom is a member but his dad left their family
when he was about 5 years old, I guess he lives in New York. His older brother
served a mission in Peru 2 years ago. His grandma, some of his aunts, and his
sister live in Las Vegas, Nevada. He is 19. Likes to play soccer, and has a
gift of being a friend to everyone. He has adjusted extremely well to the
missionary life.
The truth about workouts, I really haven’t been doing anything. I
have been trying to eat healthier though, trying to drink more water. I need to
start; about every p-day we go play soccer or go run, so that helps. But please
send me some workouts. I need them, something fun and entertaining.
About flash drives, not sure how safe it is to send stuff back.
Maybe I could save the pictures on another flash drive, send one back, and if
it doesn’t make it I would still have another flash drive. I have been trying
to send the best pictures through email. Also if you want to send a journal you
can, I have this really cool cars journal thing, that I bought really cheap but
I think it is going to last for a long time and its big so I can write a lot in
it.
This past week was definitely a learning week especially for me. It
was hard but I learned a lot of what it means to be positive and humble. But we
had miracles. We had a couple of wonderful experiences where my companion and
me learned a lot of what it means to be a powerful missionary that loves the
people. We realized this past week what it means to really love someone. To
really love is not only to be nice to them or tell them that you love them, but
to show that love, if they do something wrong tell them, not tell them
everything is all right. During one of my studies I was reading a little bit
about repentance in the Joseph Fielding Smith book and I love what he said
about helping people to repent. He said that the people that love you most will
be the people that will help you be better not just say that everything is all
right. We compared that to our teaching and realized we were teaching but
weren’t helping the people to change. I learned to help people to change one
must be direct and say the things as they are, and not be afraid to say what
the Spirit puts in our hearts.
We had a couple of really great experiences this past week. The
first comes from a family we found about 2 weeks ago. They are progressing very
quickly and are very interested. We taught the Restoration with them and the
spirit was so strong. My testimony along with my companions was strengthened,
and it also planted those seeds in the hearts of this family.
There is a recent convert here who has been a member for about 3
months or so, and while we were talking with her she told us her testimony. I
have never heard such a powerful heart felt testimony like the one I heard
there. Her husband is a member, but her mom and family were against her getting
baptized but she did it, and now she has strengthened this ward with her
example and her testimony. I find it so interesting how the Lord works through
each one of us to answer our prayers, and looking back that’s what the Lord did
at that time with mine. Through this recent converts’ testimony gave my
companion and me more strength and drive to continue forward in this work.
This past week we had a lesson with a man we found a couple weeks
ago as we were walking to a lesson. We contacted his house and told him that we
felt like we should come and knock on his door, so he let us in and started
telling us about his life. We had another lesson with him, and during this
lesson told us of all of the problems that he was having. His dad died about 2
years ago and he has gone through some very hard trials with him and his
family. We testified about Christ and his mission, and we also felt the
prompting to challenged him to baptism and he asked us, ¨what day?¨ We then
told him the 29 of this month, and then he asked ¨what time?¨we told him
whenever he wants then he said that he does want to get baptized. But he has
some problems, he works all of the time, 18 hours a day and as Tuesday and
Wednesday in the morning free. He is an amazing man and I hope he can continue
to progress and trust in the Lord.
Probably the biggest thing we learned this past week as a
companionship is what is means to have hope. Hope is such a simple thing can
make all of the difference in things. To me hope is looking at the cup half
full rather than half empty. The people that look at the cup half empty, their
cups will empty, but to the people that see the cup half full, their cups will
fill. Hope is really the difference maker, a person could work hard all daylong
but without hope is not going to accomplish what the Lord wants. Really the
attributes of Christ come in a package deal, you can’t develop something
without developing or affecting something else. I have been learning so much on my mission. I can’t even begin to
explain it. The mission has been very hard but I would never trade the things I
have learned and how much I have come to know and love my Savior.
For this week I invite you guys to read the sermon from King
Benjamin. I promise you guys that each one of you guys will find something in
that sermon that if put in practice will make you happier. That’s a promise. I
love you guys so much, and I hope that everyone is doing really well. Let’s
show a little bit more love this week, help out someone in need, talk to
someone that is going through a hard time, or simply smile and be kind to the
people around us. As we come to forget ourselves in the service of others, our
own problems will go away.
Love you guys, and I don’t have pictures this week so sorry about
that. Hope you guys have a great week, tell Jake Cranney that we will miss him
here in Honduras, but the Lord needs him in a different part of the vineyard.
Love
Elder Neuberger
No comments:
Post a Comment