Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Week 36: What It Means to Love...


Hey guys, how is everyone? Hope everyone is doing great and what I got from your letters that everyone had a really great week. Crazy how fast time is going by and crazy that we are about to finish another change? We have changes this Wednesday, but we don’t think we have changes. If we don’t, we will write you guys this Wednesday. Before I start I have some stuff to tell you guys. My memory cards got full of viruses so it deleted all of my pictures. But don’t worry all of them have been saved on my thumb drive. I did lose some pictures, the most recent pictures I sent you, so save those pictures and also please send them to my comp. Thank you. Also there is a man here that served his mission here in this area, and when he finished came back and is living here now. He served at the same time as Paige Crump’s brother. So if you see him ask him if he knows a man with the last name of Villegas. Thought that was interesting.

For our companionship we had a great week. We spent a lot of time trying to find new people, trying to talk with everybody. To me the most interesting thing about it is that it seems after a ton of houses it’s always the last couples that are really prepared. I just wanted to share a couple of experiences that happened this week and some things that we learned. This past week we were reminded of what it means to love. Some of our investigators that were progressing really fast had stopped progressing and started having a lot of doubts and questions. It was sad, especially because for one family, there was a lady near by that was saying a lot of lies to this family. We were really sad about it and after some time got frustrated with the whole situation. During this process we lost the love we had and as a result lessons were very rough, we did not feel the spirit, and the Spirit did not teach us. But the moment that we softened up, apologized, and tried to love, people were more receptive, felt the spirit, and had the desire to continue to change. We also this past week had the opportunity to offer service to many people. Saturday night, while we were on visits with our Elder quorum president, when we found out from one of our investigators that a near by school (elementary, high school) is going to close because it didn’t pass the sanitary standards. They have until today Monday to finish cleaning, so yesterday morning we went with our Elder quorums president and another man to go clean up around there. We chopped and cut grass for a couple of hours. It was a very humbling experience for me especially to see the condition that this school was in. Taking in account that this school is in a very nice area (where there is paved roads). Here in Honduras they don’t have people that maintain the public areas so basically there is a ton of trash everywhere. Anyways just sent you guys a quick email and I would imagine that I will be talking to you guys in a couple of days. I love you guys and hope everything is going well. Loved the pictures and everything. Let me know if you guys have any questions. I have a little bit more time.

Love Elder Neuberger

No comments:

Post a Comment