Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Week 11: What else happened

Elder Neuberger and Lucha on P-day!
Hooooolaaa!!! Mi familia! Todo esta cheque aqui en Honduras!! Espero que esten bien! Hey sorry I took so long. We had an activity today at some farm out in the middle of a jungle that we hiked to a waterfall and played some soccer and ate some food. It was a dragon fruit farm so needless to say out fridge is now stuffed full of dragon fruits. I´ll have to send you a picture. Anyway the driver that was suppose to come and get us forgot so we waited around for another 2 hours. But now I am at the church and everything is good! Oh before I forget, I got grandmas letter this week and also a letter from Abby. They were really awesome even though they were written a month ago! So please tell them thank you for them. Well we had a pretty good week this week. We spent a lot of the beginning of the week looking for a house for the new missionaries. So we lost some time that we could have been teaching but its good! We didn´t have as many people at church but we had some really awesome lessons with members this week and our ward missionaries are working really hard, and we actually got some referrals from them so that was really cool.

What else happened, OH we got robbed at gunpoint. So that was exciting. It was Monday night and we were coming back from a family home evening, we went around this corner and saw a 2 guys, one was trying to pick up his motor bike. Anyways we kept walking and then this guy came up to us put a gun in our face and told me to give him my backpack. So ya, I hadn´t been in Honduras for a month and my backpack is gone! pretty funny. There wasn't anything important in there just my nice scriptures, book of mormon, and some pamplets. You never know maybe he'll read them! I guess the thing that I miss the most is that dry sack. It rains a ton here and it is a struggle to keep things dry. But in the MTC they gave me another set of scriptures so when I got here, I just gave them to my comp, but after we got robbed, my awesome comp gave them back because he said he wasn't going to use them. But I wasn't scared when it was happening, just in disbelief that it was happening so soon. I am just grateful that we are safe.

Some thing I learned this week that I am going to try to work on is Gratitude. One of the ward missionaries gave a really good talk on Gratitude in Church yesterday that really made me think. The importance of gratitude, it reminds me of that song count your many blessings, name them one by one, count your blessings, and see what God has done. That is something I have been trying to do, write a miracle for the day. I has really helped me open my eyes to the miracles of God. We had one miracle that I found really interesting. During one of our lessons with one of our investigators, we asked our investigator to pray and he gave a very simple but powerful prayer for a desire to follow Christ and to change his life. How cool. Anyway, I guess the coolest part has been seeing the members get excited about missionary work. It has been really cool.

Oh here are the answers to your questions.
(These are questions we asked him in our emails last night)

1. You mentioned last letter that you were having to find a new apartment for the two new elders that were going to split your ward with you guys.  Did you find a place for them?
-Ya we found a house.
2. Do you guys think you will do more splits with these elders since you will be attending the same ward?
-I have no idea, probably. I don't really know.
3. Como se va el español? Espero que este aprendiendo mucho y que puede entender mas de las conversaciones. Cuando va a tener cambios? Piensa que usted y Elder Lucha estaràn juntos para un cambio adicional? Como esta mi español? Probablamente 'sucks'
-Its coming. I feel like I am understanding what is going on, being able to speak is coming, I don't know how well people are understanding me. They say they do. I have been trying to read out loud in the Book of Mormon and Preach my gospel to get the pronunciation down. I can picture words in my head but it is a little bit harder to say them. I don't know, one of my zone leaders said Elder Lucha would probably get a change. So we´ll see. Next p day will be on Wednesday, so in a week and a half because of changes.
4. Do you ever find yourself wearing your raincoat or using an umbrella when it rains? Or do you just not worry about it?
-Ya I let my comp use my umbrella. But I try to use it, basically to protect my stuff. I like it is cools me off. I have been sweating a ton here, my comp let me use a little backpack of his but I sweat so much with it. I wanted to go buy a bag today but we didn't have time.
5. Does your mission have any areas that are higher elevations and are cooler? Or is everywhere hot and humid in your mission?
-Ya I think so. The really cooler places where in Copon which is in the other mission.

I guess in closing, this week I spent a lot of time studying my purpose. Sometimes I think that my mission is just something to check off the list. You have to let the mission change you. Thank you for that poem mom. It really helped me. I really am truly grateful for a family that loves, cares, and supports me in whatever I do. I am so grateful for the blessings of the gospel in our life, especially to be sealed for time and all eternity. I didn't realize how much the Gospel means to me until I meet people with out it. I has really helped me to reflect on the blessings in my life. It really helps me through challenges and trials. I guess that would be something that would be good for you guys to do, to think back on the blessings in you life, especially the blessings of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the Restoration. I know I have taken a lot of things for granted that the members here hold so dear. So this week try to write down 1 miracle that happened that day, I know that if you guys do this you will realize how blessed we really are. I love you guys. I am so grateful for you guys. I pray for you guys. Thanks for you support and love for me and for the people of Honduras. I will let the people here know that you care for them. Thank you so much. You guys are the best family I could ask for. You are a huge blessing in my life.
Love you guys
Elder Neuberger

No comments:

Post a Comment