Heeeeyyyaaa!
Well this week was
pretty crazy. I have a new comp his name is Elder Ampie. He was the comp of
Elder Hansgen before. He is almost done with his mission so I was a little
nervous that he wouldn´t want to work. But he is a hard worker and I was wrong
to judge. Pretty awesome. He is from Nicaragua and he is the only member in his
family. How cool is that. He has served in a ton of areas including Roaton! It
has been pretty hard not having Elder Lucha around because he just always knew
what to do. So but now it’s my responsibility. There are 3 new missionaries all
basically wondering what to do. But it has been good. This week it really
pushed my Spanish which was really good. I learned a ton this week and realized
that I can actually communicate. It has been kind of weird trying to speak English.
I find myself throwing in random Spanish words. That is how my journal is.
Pretty funny. The other elders in the other area, one is a gringo. You should
hear us talk to each other. It is a mix of Spanish and English. So that is a
good sign that the language is coming.
But also this week
we had some pretty disappointing moments and also some very spiritual ones.
Probably one of the hardest for me was yesterday in church. We have 7 baptisms
scheduled for this coming saturday, but all of the investigators needed to go
to church yesterday to be able to be baptized. We visited them all, and they
all said that they were going to be coming. But no one came to church
yesterday. I was pretty bummed. So now we have to move them all back, so I will
keep you posted on that. But we had a really awesome experience yesterday that
really strengthened my testimony about following the Spirit no matter what.
Yesterday we passed by a house just to check up on them. They are a family that
we found about 4 weeks ago. We were about to drop them because they didn´t want
to go to church and weren’t keeping commitments. We stopped by and started
talking with them. One of the ladies started talking about baptisms for the
dead, because one of her friends who is a member said something about that. So
we started talking about it and shared some scriptures. The whole time I was
wondering where we were going to go with this, when all of a sudden one of the
ladies, started to cry saying that one of her family members died and she has
always had this question. Right then I knew why we were suppose to be there.
The Spirit was so strong. Right then we testified that we knew that families
can be together forever. I knew at that moment that we were there for a reason.
So we´ll see if they change. I am pretty sure we are going to see a difference
for sure. It really strengthened my testimony to follow the Spirit no matter
what.
As for the Bishop,
he is good. I guess he told the other missionaries that he is pretty much done.
He has been the bishop for more than 8 years. But I will keep you posted. The
ward here is really awesome. They told us that they are open to anything that
could help their families and their ward become stronger. The people here
really want to have stronger families if you guys have any ideas to help the
ward. I have been trying to think of things we do in our family or in the ward
that helps us become closer. So that would be nice to have some ideas. Also if you could send me an email with
some workouts I could do in the morning. I am kind of running out of ideas and
I am gaining weight. It is really cool having 4 missionaries in the ward now.
The ward is definitely stepping it up and I wont be surprised if we start
seeing some changes. As for our baptisms this week, I don´t think they are
going to happen. We have quite a bit of families that we are teaching but they
aren´t married so that is a challenge. There are a lot of families afraid of
getting married here, its expensive and they are worried of getting divorced.
Ya I have only had one baptism. I will send you a picture because of Julio he
moved yesterday to Tegucigalpa. I think the hardest part of not having Elder
Lucha around is that now I am responsible for showing my comp around and
talking to our investigators.
| Elder Neuberger with Julio |
For Christmas, I really
want just like some little cheap rags that I can carry around and wipe the
sweat of my face. But I will keep you posted of other little things. Wow I
will keep praying for Ledger. That is really awesome that the medicine is
working. I feel so bad. But I am happy to hear they are holding strong and
hanging in there. So ya that’s about it! Everything is good and we are hanging
in there. I hope you guys have a good week this week and I just want to you
guys always to remember that I love you guys. I feel so blessed to have such an
awesome family. I pray for you guys and hope everything is good. Thank you guys
for your prayers, support and love. Also
I am going to send some pictures! I love you guys!
Elder Neuberger
| Kaden with his first Zone |
No comments:
Post a Comment