Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Week 12: Todo es buen aqui


This is the letter that Kaden wrote on Sept. 16th (Monday)…His p-day was moved to Wednesday this week due to Transfers happening on the 18th. 

            Hey just thought I would shoot you a quick email to let you know what is going on. I guess we can write a little bit today just because we don’t know if we will have changes. I know I won´t but you never know. Anyways if you have a change, Wednesday will just be spent traveling. So I thought I would just shoot you an email and kind of let you guys know just something that happened this week. We had a week full of miracles. But there was a lot of hardships too. Probably about one of the hardest things was, yesterday our bishop´s wife just flat out left him and his family for his cousin. Our bishop is such an awesome guy, very humble, and just an overall powerful man. His family had been sealed and they had 2 kids. They always seemed like such a strong couple. Needless to say, we really don´t know what to do. We have been praying a lot for him.
            I love you guys and am so happy to hear everything is bueno!! Todo es buen aqui en Honduras. Mi comp y yo hemos estado trabajando duro este semana pasada. Mi espanol es viene, yo espero. Ensenamos un clase de principles de Evangelio cada domingo durante de la iglesia. Yo espero que las personas en nuestro clase puedan entenderme. Ellos dicen si, pero durante la clase, Yo tengo mucho wondering faces. But everything is good here.
Hope you guys have a good couple of days or so. I think my comp is going to have a change, so Ill keep you posted on that.
Love you guys!!
Elder Neuberger

Letter written on September 18th (Wednesday)
           
            Holllaaaaa! Hey first off sorry for letting you guys know I got robbed, I didn’t mean to scare you. Don’t worry about me. Anyways my comp has a change so I will be getting a new comp today, my stepdad! I really hope I get a hardworking missionary! Also we are going to have 2 new missionaries in our area, so 3 new missionaries are coming today. Pretty exciting! This morning we had to get up at 3am to go to the bus, so I am a bit tired. Hey so I just wanted to share an experience that I thought was very cool. One of the ladies we eat dinner with, has a family that is pretty much inactive. Her and her husband live together and are still married but are separated. Her daughter went on a little mini mission in our mission for 6 weeks. But she has 2 boys that are inactive as well. So in total, her husband and her 2 sons are inactive, while her and her daughter are active. About 2-3 weeks ago, we invited the dad to come to church the following Sunday. He came! Then during that following week he came in to his daughter’s room and starting talking with her about how he feels like something is missing in his life and he is going to be better. Now the husband and wife are thinking about getting back together. But the coolest part is that, she told us in her patriarchal blessing it said that her family would come back into the gospel. Isn´t that awesome! In about 2 weeks we have about 7 baptisms planned. So that is pretty cool!
            Oh could you guys send me like a workout program, or something. I need some help. I mean there is only so many sit-ups and push-ups you can do. It would be awesome if you guys could send me something like just a list of workouts or something. Thanks! Oh and thanks for sending me a dry sack, I really like those. Well this week has been pretty crazy with changes and everything.  
            There is a kid in my area that reminds me so much of beck it is a little scary! There is also a little girl here that probably could be twins with Ellie. I will have to send you a picture. Sorry I wont be able to send pictures today because I don’t have my camera with me. I am with 2 other missionaries and we are in a different area. But today we need to go into town because I need to buy a bag. I have been using one of my comps bag this whole time now that he is gone, I don’t have a bag! Crazy, I almost have 3 months in the mission. I guess something I was impressed by this week is the power of the Book of Mormon. My comp and I studied a lot about the Book of Mormon and how we can use it as missionaries. It is my personal belief that we can find answers to any question that we have in any part of the Book of Mormon.  I think the thing I have loved most about learning spanish is that is has forced me to simplify my thoughts. Really made me think about the blessings of the gospel.
            As for your previous letter. Ya maybe I will start doing that. I only carry with me about 20 limps which is 1 dollar, my keys, my planner, white bible, and my backpack. When we showed up the mission took our passports and gave us a little photocopy so I carry that in my white bible. I didn’t tell my mission president. I didn’t think it was that big of a deal.
well thanks for all you support, your prayers, and your love. Thank guys for everything. I really love you guys and hope everything is going well back at home. I love you.
Love Elder Neuberger

No comments:

Post a Comment