Hollllaaa!
Wow crazy another week has gone by. Sounds like you guys had a
really awesome week! Crazy I have been out on my mission for 3 months! There
are times that feel like I just came into the MTC. Wow that’s crazy that Mayson
has had her first Homecoming! How cool! She looked really pretty! I remember my
first dance. Feels like a couple of weeks ago. Well before I tell you guys
about my awesome week, I am going to answer your questions. Things have been
getting a lot better here every day. The members here are awesome! We have some
super awesome investigators that I truly love. Wow pretty funny about Beck! (this
is making reference from a letter about Beck being in Spanish Dual Immersion) How is the teacher from Spain? Does she have
the Spain accent? We met someone from Spain yesterday. It was so weird. They
talk in the tu form and vosotros. It was pretty hard not to start laughing.
Someone speaking in tu and in vosotros is like having someone talk to us in
scripture language. It’s really different. Wow pretty cool about Jeremy! Let me
know about the other missionaries. Crazy that we are all out on our missions!
That is so cool about Ledger. Let Gary and Shalece know that I have been
thinking of them and hope them the best.
For conference, we
get to go to the stake center to watch conference. I think we get to watch
every session, and I even think they are going to have an area that is going to
be in english for the gringos! It’s really cool we get the Liahona every so
often and I love reading it! I truly believe that quote from Elder Holland. ("I frequently say to missionaries in the field, "you make or break your mission every morning of your life. You tell me how those morning hours go from 6:30 am until you are on the street in your mission, whatever time it is; you tell me how those hours go, and I will tell you how your day will go, I will tell you how your month will go, I will tell you how your year will go and how your mission and your life will go.") If
you have a spiritual and uplifting personal and companion ship study, you won’t
be wondering what to say to people, words just come to your mouth because you
will have the spirit with you. This week I have been reading a little bit in “Our
Heritage”, and I was impressed by the sacrifices that the early saints made in
their lives. It really help put things in perspective. The obedience they showed,
the sacrifices they made all for the word of God. There is a scripture that I
read this week that really impressed me. In Alma 15:16 it talks about the
things that Amulek gave up for the word of God. Pretty awesome.
Well this week we
had 13 investigators in Church yesterday!!!! I was really happy yesterday
because we had the opportunity to see the fruits of our labors. Our
investigators are doing really well. Every week the ward has a fellowship night
where we can invite our investigators to, to get to know the members. We have
one family that we are teaching that I want to tell you guys about. We first
met the lady at church. She just showed up because she was curious one Sunday.
We started teaching her, and every time we stop by she brings more and more
people to us. Yesterday she brought like 6 people to church with her. She is
super pilas! Pilas means that someone is really hard working, it also means
battery. This past week we really haven't had a lot of time, on Thursday our
planners were completely full for the next 3 days! crazy! I guess our biggest
challenge is having enough time to do it all! We are trying to work a lot more
with the ward. Our goal between us 4 missionaries is to get more activity. for
example, yesterday we went out with the Young men’s president and apparently
there are over 40 Young men, but only about 10 are active. Another big problem
that we have is that we don’t have a ward mission leader. That is something
that I have learned a ton here, how a ward is suppose to function. I didn't
realize the power in Home and visiting teaching. So keep it up, keep doing you
home teaching! It really makes a difference!!
As for some
miracles this week. We witnessed many
miracles and also the fruits of our labors. First off we had a ton of people
and investigators in church which really got me excited. The ward here is
really picking up and starting to work hard. It is really cool to see the
people here changing. Some of our investigators that use to be pretty closed
are opening up now and are starting to keep commitments. We also had a lot of
opportunities this week to give priesthood blessings. I guess that was the
thing I was most impressed about this week was the power of the priesthood. We
witnessed so many miracles this week that its hard to count. There are 2 experiences
that I feel like I should share. The first was when we were in one of our
investigators house, and one of the kids was really sick. They asked for a
blessing. I did the oil and Elder Ampie did the sealing. During the blessing,
Elder Ampie spoke with such power and authority. He promised some pretty
powerful blessings. I truly felt the power of the priesthood. Afterwards, we
were talking and Elder Ampie told me he has never had a blessing like that. He
said that something was a lot more powerful. After the blessing all of the
people in the house were different. I had witnessed a miracle and I knew that
they knew they had seen a miracle. The second came when we were visiting
inactives with our Young Men's president. I was asked to give a blessing to an
old lady. While I was giving the blessing, words just starting coming to my
mind and I wasn't worried about what to say. But this week really made me think about the power of the Priesthood. I think I lot of times we don’t realize the power of the Priesthood. The priesthood of God has been restored! How awesome is that! The same power the Moses had as he parted the Red Sea, the same power that Christ and the Apostles used to heal the sick and raise the dead, the same power that created the earth and the heavens, the same power that seals families together forever. So I guess this week I would invite you guys to think about the role the Priesthood has played in your life and then afterwards give thanks to our Heavenly Father.
| A little Central American Burger King never hurts |
As for me and my
companion. Things are good. He is very smart and is an awesome missionary. Also something funny and cool! Today we went downtown to try
to play tennis because my DL loves tennis, His name is Elder Goddard from Utah.
But the place didn’t have rackets so we went and bought some food! They have
cereal here but only cheap corn flakes. I bought some and some milk and
needless to say the past couple of days have been like heaven in the morning!
But today I bought some honey nut cheerios and frosted flakes. Oh ya! So I’m
super excited for tomorrow morning. The milk here is different but I really
like it. As for something funny. We went to Burger King today (ya they have
burger king here!) and I saw this gringo trying to order food. This guy didn’t
speak any spanish at all! It was pretty weird hearing english and especially
seeing a gringo that wasn’t wearing church clothes.
| A random street in Kaden's area |
Hey thanks for the workout sheet! I will stay tuned for next week!
Wow I wonder what it is like to be cold. I get cold in a air conditioned room.
I will try to send you some pictures. I wasn’t able to take a lot of pictures.
Its pretty dangerous to carry around a camera. We try not to carry a lot of
stuff with us. It weird to think that I used to live in an air-conditioned
house, with a car, hot water, pantry full of food, etc. Any ways let me know if
you guys have any questions. As for a package, there are little kids here that
always ask us for little things, so maybe just little cheap toys that I can
give out to little kids if they ask. It’s hard to give gifts because once you
give something someone, someone else wants something. Alright I will let you
know when the package gets here. Thank you!!!!!! Anyways I love you guys.
Thanks for your support, your prayers and your love. Thank you for helping me
get here on my mission. I am truly grateful to know that we have been sealed as
a family. A lot of missionaries here don’t have support from home, in fact some
came not knowing where they are going to go after. There are some really
awesome people here that live by such great faith. Thank you for you examples.
I love you guys and hope you guys have a great week!
Sorry for the mini novel there was just a lot of stuff I wanted to
say.
Love you guys
Elder Neuberger
No comments:
Post a Comment