Pages

Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 72: Don't eat Honduran cabbage!


HOoiii!
Hey guys! Well another awesome week. Just got the package for Halloween and thank you for what you sent! Me and my comp were very grateful for it. We had a very great week this past week. A lot of visits and a lot of people. We had some very great experiences of watching people grow and stepping it up to follow Christ. Today we had a great experience where a couple we are teaching made baleadas and juice and sold it to the missionaries to make enough money to get married. They will be getting married at the end of this month. The lady that I told you guys about last week who makes tortillas, ya well we went and made tortillas at 6am and she was able to go to church. Figuring out this corn tortilla-making thing. 

We did divisions this week with some Elders in Coyoles. While heading back to Coyoles to do a service project I lost the phone in the bus making for a couple of days without being able to call anyone so that was pretty interesting. My comp ate cabbage, something that Hondureans eat but don’t wash making it quite the disease maker. We were up most of the night with him in the bathroom and I being moral support and looking for medicine. It was quite an interesting week. 

We had a really great experience where we realized that God was preparing someone right under our nose. There is a man living in the house of a recent convert. He always listened to us during our Family Home evening but never seemed that interested. This past week we stopped by and visited him and he opened up to us expressing his interest. He accepted a baptism date and will be baptized this next month. The Spirit touched his heart and now is progressing very quickly. 

Just to answer your questions, ya my bankcard started working and I was able to pull out money. A lot of new American missionaries came into the mission a couple of months ago but I think there are more Latinos then there are Americans. How cool you were able to see Elder Sweat and Hna Blanco. Crazy how fast time goes by. Well sorry for such a short letter. And didn’t take pictures this past week, sorry about that. But I will take more this next week. Love you guys and thanks for your support. I’ll give it a little more thought this next week about school. I don’t really like to think about normal life or finishing the mission. I feel like I am just starting to figure out the mission and being a missionary. 
Hope everyone is doing well and thanks for the pictures. I love you guys and thanks for the packages!

Love Elder Neuberger
Elder Sweat's homcoming and we met Hermana Blanco who also served with Elder Neuberger...it was so awesome to meet these amazing missionaries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment