Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 32: Never felt so proud to represent Jesus Christ

Kaden's Companion on the bus in San Pedro Sula (Luisiana Area) 

Hey family! How is everyone? I hope everyone is good and sounds like you a great week. Crazy another week has gone by in the mission. This past week was filled with some of the most spiritual experiences I have ever had and also full of some of the hardest trials I have ever had in the mission. So needless to say this week was definitely a week of growth. But I hope everything is great for you guys. My comp is doing extremely well and I have been very impressed by the progress he is making. Also the ward here is also working hard and I have enjoyed the companionship of many of the ward missionaries that have helped us move along this great work. Anyway just going to answer some of your questions. The multi mission Elder Saures talked about dedication, obedience, and focus. He taught us the importance of being those 3 things and I was an amazing experience. Oh and another thing, got your package and some letters from some people in our ward that they sent like 2 months ago so tell them thank you for them. To the Bishop, Sister Pershon, the Hunsakers, Willets, and the Giles. Tell them thanks and apologize to them we just haven’t had a lot of time to write. Oh I got your packet and that face medicine has really irritated my face so I had to stop using it. It cleaned my face up for sure but has left a bunch of painful rashes on my neck.
Kaden's bishop in La Cieba...he loved this family.

This past Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday were extremely spiritual and I witnessed miracles in the lives of the people here. I will tell you a little more later on. But Friday and Saturday were extremely difficult for my companion and me. We had a full schedule for those days but every appt we had fell through. I have never worked so hard in my life than I did those 2 days with so little of success. We contacted and I met a ton of people, and also was rejected by a lot of people. At the start of this past week I have never been so happy in my life, so full of hope, charity and faith. But I allowed Satan to pull me down on Friday and Saturday and became a little depressed. It’s amazing to me how big of a difference a good attitude can make. I saw first hand this week, the difference between and good and a bad attitude. But I witnessed miracles this week. Didn’t realized how much of a blessing it is to know English in a Spanish country. I met so many people this week that are prepared because I knew English. Any time I hear someone talking in English I always talk to them and it’s always a good conversation starter! The biggest miracle that I witnessed this week came from a couple that we are teaching. They want to get married and baptized the 15th of this month, but he is from Copan and it would take at least 1 month for the papers to get here to get married. To get married you have to pull out their papers from where they are from. The mission helps with that by sending missionaries to the building to get the papers, but the process is slow here. The mail is also extremely slow and unreliable because they send it through the bus systems. We were planning on asking for the papers and bump their dates back, but when we showed up to their house they told us that they had already pulled out the papers and are all set to go. I was in awe! We also taught the Word of Wisdom and the wife’s brother told us that he is going to stop drinking coffee from then on. He looked and us and told us that he promised. After that lesson I was never so happy in my life! For God all things are possible, when I thought it would be impossible to be baptized on the 15th yet again has become a set date!
 
Hermana bety (the grandma of the Cieba!) probably one of the nicest ladies you will ever meet, her daughter is going to mexico for her mission.
We had a visit with the man we found that Sunday night last week that I told you about. It was an amazing experience. He has read from the beginning of the Book of Mormon to about 2 Nephi 29 and explained the Restoration to us perfectly and taught us! He has been to church 5 times and told us that he will be baptized when he receives his answer. His hang up is that he didn’t have a very good experience in church, but we are going to be working with him on that. We received a wonderful reference from a member this past week and went to the house and had the wonderful opportunity to teach and talk with a full family! The next day we were able to help them move houses and also met some of their other friends.

This week I watched miracles, all the way from inactives, members, and investigators. We are as 1 as the family of God. Met some of the most prepared people in my life, people that teach me more than I teach them.  Never felt so proud to represent Jesus Christ and walk around and talk to people about Him.
I love you guys and thank you so much for your support. It’s always through hard times that we grow and become better. Even the best have problems and weaknesses to help them be humble. It’s so hard to try to explain my feelings and my experiences through an email. But I realized the only way to understand is to have some of these experiences! Serve everyone! Many times we think just missionary work is teaching but it is so much more and doesn’t just include those who aren’t members but everyone! Set some goals and try to serve someone as a family! I promise you guys will know what I’m talking about when I say happiness! Hope everyone will have a great week this week! Love you guys!

Love Elder Neuberger
This is the church building where they had a mulit-mission conference (San Pedro Sula East and West Missions).  Elder Ochoa and Elder Saurez talked.  Kaden said it was amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment