Hey how is everyone? I hope everyone is great! Just had probably one
of the craziest and hardworking weeks I think I have ever had in the mission.
Woow! Time has just cruised by! It just feels like we hardly have any time
anymore! Needless to say I have learned a lot this past week, but more than
anything I have felt such a strong spirit this past week! Had some extremely
spiritual experiences this week to numerous to count or to try to tell. The
most interesting thing about every one of those miracles came after we had done
everything we could, tried our hardest and the Lord put miracles in our path.
We had a wonderful multi-mission conference that was truly amazing. Elder
Suarez talked about the brother of Jared how he did everything he could then
the Lord touched his stones. It has been super inspiring for us as a
companionship to continue to work as hard as we can. My area is super awesome!
My ward is extremely hard working especially my bishop! There is just so much
energy and excitement here especially in the Ward. Everyday this week there has
been a member on our side showing us where to go and giving of references! It’s
hard to write about miracles when you don’t know which one to tell! Just going
to answer your questions right now. First off the Spanish has really shot up
this past couple of days, which has been a miracle in itself. It feels like
Spanish is just clicking a lot more to the point where I am basically
translating this letter from Spanish to English. My area has some areas with a
little bit more money. It’s not as poor. It also feels a lot safer for sure.
The people are so much nicer here and super friendly. I got in my first bus
race here which was really exciting. I have walked a ton; in a ton of mud!
Super flat so the water just builds up. I can walk to the border of the
mission. Its weird actually seeing cars and washing machines. I feel like I
have gone forward in time. My life has become so simple that I would imagine
that when I finish my mission it will be hard and weird going back into what we
call normal life. My district is super awesome I have the Zone Leaders, Elder
Juarez, Elder Measles (from Lehi Utah) , Elder Claus, and his comp. I came with
Elder Claus. Crazy how fast things go? Its been really something special here,
especially the support of the members here.
| This is Kaden's Honduran version of Ellie...except with brown hair and brown eyes. |
As for a journal the mission stopped receiving them so they don’t
have any. I will just go buy a notebook for my journal. So don’t worry! Also my
comp is super awesome and is becoming more and more each day! He seemed to deal
really well with these crazy past couple of days. Just wanted to write you a
quick email with some miracles that I experienced this week. Wow what a crazy
week we had! There is so much stuff to do and so little time to do it! Probably
one of the biggest miracles this week has been the member support here. From
the very first moment here there has been a member on our side helping us and
guiding us to the members, investigators, and inactives. We have received so
many referencias that we will be contacting this next week! Also when we weren’t
with members we were talking to as many people as we could and witnessed many
miracles where we found some wonderful prepared people. I watched the hand of
the lord guide us to people that are prepared. I wanted to tell you about 3 experiences
that I found especially special this week. The first came when we went and
visited with 2 investigators that want to get married and baptized. (Miracle in
itself!) But as we were there we had an especially powerful lesson with them
about the Book of Mormon. We asked the question around the end how everyone is
feeling, and the responses were very interesting. The husband responded that he
just wanted to keep learning, that his mind feels enlightened, and just feel
good. The other people in the room responded the same. After the lesson we had
a kneeling prayer with them, where the husband asked if the things we said were
true and if this is the way for him. What a peaceful spirit we felt during that
lesson. The second came as we were wandering around a couple of days ago. We didn’t
have a member with us so we finished a lesson with some recent converts and I
remember looking around wonder what to do. Lost, feeling alone, not knowing
what to do, so we kept walking. As we were walking and trying to talk with some
people we saw a man with a computer and some other stuff so we quickly helped
him and began talking with him. We showed up to their house and his wife came
out and began telling us that she was a member. She also showed us the pictures
of her baptism and the 2 of them expressed interest in having us come over to
visit with them. It was amazing how the Lord took 2 lost Elders and guided them
to meet 1 inactive and her husband. The third came as we were walking down the
street last night around 8:50 when a man stopped us and began telling us that
he had met with elders and almost got married with his wife. But then he moved
and lost contact with the missionaries. We happily talked with him
grateful that our Heavenly Father yet again put another prepared person in our
path.
This past week has been extremely humbling for me and has helped me
really trust in the Lord and follow the Spirit. Its always through the hard
times that we grow the most and needless to say I have grown a lot in these
last 3 days.
I love you guys so much and happy to hear how everyone is doing!
Sorry don’t have much time cuz we have just been running around trying to pick
right up where the elders left off. Crazy about Quinn he will do great! I hope
everyone has a great spiritual week filled with miracles and the Spirit. Sorry
I didn’t go very detail still trying to adjust to everything, but everything is
going to settle down here pretty soon just going through that crazy stage right
now. Love you guys and hope everyone is doing great and is having fun.
Love you guys
Love Elder Neuberger
Great stories. I love reading his experiences and seeing his spiritual growth. What a great kid.
ReplyDelete