Hey family!
Sounded like from your letters that everyone is doing well. Well
everything is doing awesome here! I feel like each week gets a little bit
better, and had a wonderful week this week. Sometimes I feel like I repeat
myself but its true. It’s hard to explain the miracles that I have the
privilege to see and live each and everyday of my mission. I don’t ever want it
to end, the privilege of walking around helping people and watching miracles
happen in their lives. Each and every day!! I think this week has given a whole
new meaning to the little black plaque that I put on my chest each and every
day. Looking back, I realized that I really had no idea what it means to
represent Jesus Christ, what it means to do what he would do, say what he would
say, and be what he would be. Each and every day, as missionaries we get a
glimpse of what that means. This past week we really focused a lot more in
working with members and with the people that are progressing and witnessed
miracles!
But before I start, I will answer some of your questions. Everything
is good as District Leader. Our district has 8 missionaries, 2 of which are
Zone leaders so basically just 6 missionaries. I did my first divisions this
past week. I don’t do a lot of divisions about 1 or 2 divisions with every
companionship, which that is 2 so not that many. I do a couple of baptism
interviews and conduct a District meeting but more than anything it’s being an
example to the missionaries. The area is amazing and you will see how awesome
it is when you read my letter! I am a little bit busier but everything is going
really well! I think we will have a zone conference soon and Elder Moffitt and
Elder Hansgen are in my zone. Ask dad about zones and districts to explain it.
This change we have been putting a huge effort in finding, teaching,
and baptizing families. This past week we witnessed the blessings of those
prayers and work. We have a wonderful couple, Junior and Stephanie that will
get married and baptized this Saturday. They have been attending institute
weekly and when we visited with them this past Saturday they told us that they
are fully ready and prepared to be faithful members of the church and can’t
wait to start their membership! The two of them have been reading the Book of
Mormon daily and during the classes on Sunday are always the first ones to
answer.
We have another family (Olvin and his family) that came as a
reference from a very active family (Vicky and her family). Vicky gave a Book
of Mormon and a Liahona to Olvin about 2 weeks ago. We have had 2 visits with
Olvin and his family and every time have been extremely impressed by how fast
they are progressing. One of the many miracles we witnessed this past week came
on Saturday night, when we stopped by and visited with Olvin and his family. He
began telling us how he loves to read and has read from the introduction of the
Book of Mormon all the way to 2 Nephi 31 and almost half of the General
Conference edition of the Liahona in November. He told us that he wants to join
the church and said that he has been going to a lot of churches and he knows
that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. He also quoted to us quotes from
President Uchdorf’s talk and showed us his Book of Mormon where he had
highlighted it and written notes. May I remind you we had 1 visit where we got
to know him, he went to church, and we watched the Restoration video with him
and his family. He also told us that he wants his son who’s 11 years old to
serve a mission. He asked us when him and his family could be baptized but he
has some problems. He has to get divorced and married to the lady he is living
with. So that is going to take some time. The third is just as amazing. We have
a couple that wants to get married also and we have been visiting with the husband
for about 2 weeks. Every time we show up he tells us what he has been learning
in the Book of Mormon, and how badly he wants to receive his answer. He told us
how he is willing to get married and join the church when he receives his
answer.
It’s very difficult to try to explain these wonderful experiences
that we have been having. These experiences have strengthened me immensely and
my testimony that God is really preparing the hearts of the people in the
world, the power of the Book of Mormon in conversion, and more than anything
the love that God has for His children. I can’t begin to tell you the love I
feel for this people, but more than anything to our Heavenly Father. Each and
everyday I get a little glimpse of the grandness and the importance of this
grand work.
As for something crazy this week, met a pretty weird drunk guy
today. They seem to always talk to us so it always makes for something super
weird. But just a Honduras update, starting to get hot, ya super hot, but then
it rained and since my area is flat some areas are like mini seas! And Spanish
update, I’m trying to learn to talk in the tu and vos form just with me and my
comp, so that has been interesting! Anyways thanks guys for everything. I have
been having the time of my life here, wouldn’t want to be anywhere else! I love
you guys. crazy how fast the time is going, days are a blink of an eye. Keep up
the good work and experience some of these miracles in your own lives so you
can know what I’m talking about! Hope you have a great week!
Love you guys so much,
Elder Neuberger
No comments:
Post a Comment