Hey guys! How is everything going? Sounds like from the letters that
it has been quite a week. I hope everyone is doing all right and learned a lot
from General Conference and living it. The talks were inspired and just what
the world needed.
So let me give you a little rundown on how this week went. My
companion, Elder Tezen, had changes and now is in Progreso training a new
missionary. We had some of the most amazing experiences together and I am so
grateful for him. I have a new companion now, Elder Montenegro from Panama! He
is an awesome missionary; he has about 17 months in the mission and has an
amazing amount of energy! I don’t think I have ever met someone so happy and
full of energy as he is. We are really excited for this next change and for the
zone. About half of the zone had changes so we were really busy this past week.
From shutting down and opening areas, moving missionaries, changes, and helping
everyone get adjusted it was quite a busy week.
General Conference was very great. As always my questions were
answered and I was able to feel the spirit and feel the confirmation of the
revelation that was received. How fortunate we are to live at a time when there
are prophets and apostles.
We had a very special experience yesterday. One of the branch
counselors told us a couple of days ago that he had a reference for us, so last
night, his family and my companion and I went and visited their friends. It was
absolutely amazing, to be with a full member convert sealed family and to
listen to them and help them preach the gospel. During the visit the wife of
the family we visited told us of all of the missionary work that this member
family had done. They had given them the church magazines and the pamphlets.
They even took them to the temple in Tegucigalpa. My companion and I were
shocked at the amount of love and work that this fine family had done for their
friends. The wife opened up to us and even expressed that she knew that what we
teach is the truth. The lesson was very spiritual and the wife was very
receptive. After I thought a lot about this experience. About 2 months ago my
companion and I had contacted this house to which the husband told us that they
didn’t want anything. But with the members we were able to get our
message out in such a way that touched his wife. The husband wasn’t there but
we are going back this week. This lady told us all of these things but
also expressed to us something very interesting, that even though she knew all
of these things she isn’t doing anything. She seemed bothered because she
hadn’t made the decision to do it. For all of us the challenge is making the
decision and continuing to renew that decision we have made. Baptism is the
decision and for the rest of our lives we are to abide in the covenant, and renew
what we have done. Life is so much easier if we make the good decisions quickly
and with a smile!
Well I do love you guys and hang in there. Hang in there dad and
loved the pictures of the sling. Brought back memories of physical therapy.
Well good thing that Mayson works there you are going to have double therapy!
Love you guys and hope that you guys can live what you learned this past week.
The hardest part and the best part of learning something is putting it into
practice and living it. I am going to write letters to the Willet’s if you
could send me the email address to Grammy. I love you guys.
Love Elder Neuberger
(This
was Kaden’s response after we told him that Curt (Papa) Giles had passed away a
week ago. Curt and Ilene have been like
grandparents to our children. We have known
them for years. They were serving a
mission in the London England mission at his passing. He will be greatly missed.)
Wow how sad... even though it is very difficult for us to say
goodbye for a time, I couldn’t think of any better more fitting place for Papa
to pass on to continue working on the other side of the veil than in God's
work. Died in the work, and is still working in God's work. We all love Papa
and he will be missed. He will always be an example for us of what it means to
be a valiant servant of Jesus Christ. He like Joseph Smith lived great and died
great in the sight of God. Let us always remember him and try to serve God as
he did.
I beheld that the faithful elders of this dispensation, when they depart from
mortal life, continue their labors in the preaching of
the gospel of repentance and redemption, through the sacrifice of
the Only Begotten Son of God, among those who are in darkness and under the
bondage of sin in the great world of the spirits of
the dead. D&C 138:57
![]() |
| Until we meet again...we love you! |

No comments:
Post a Comment