Hope everyone is doing great! Wow loved the pictures this past week!
Well I do have some really cool experiences this past week. I sent you guys a
ton of pictures of everything that has happened in the last couple of weeks!
Hope you like the pictures. Well let me tell you guys what has changed. My area
now is really awesome, I am in a really strong branch. My new comp is Elder
Tezen from Guatemala. He is 21 and is an awesome missionary. He was my old zone
leader in Satelite and I looked up to him a lot there and learned a lot from
him. I am so happy and grateful that he is my comp. He knows english also. This
past week we traveled the zone, which is just Olanchito and Coyoles. My zone is
14 Elders and 4 sister missionaries in 3 branches. I am in Bella Vista with the
sister missionaries and our area is really calm and awesome. The district here
is so close to being a stake and that is our goal to find and baptize families
so that District Olanchito can be stake Olanchito. Everyone here are recent converts
and some are pioneers here. Right next to our house lives 2 of the original
members here in Olanchito, the first people to get baptized when the
missionaries arrived here 30 years ago. District Olanchito extends from Coyoles
all the way to Trujillo and we are so close to being a stake! Our house is
really nice, we have a little air conditioning unit so that has been really
awesome. There isn’t enough water pressure here to have a shower so it’s all
out of bucket. The power goes out quite a bit at night around 6 to about 9 pm
meaning that we have to go back to the house. This past week it went out 3
times so candles and my flashlights have become my new best friend. Another
cool thing is that now all of the missionaries have cellphones meaning that if
we have to call someone we don’t have to go back to the house to do it. Our
area is really awesome and also the members and we have been finding our way
around. Had the opportunity yesterday to give my first talk in sacrament mtg
and it actually went really well, I talked on the family, on a talk given in
may of 2013 called the “Home, the School of Life”. For lunch yesterday we had
cow tongue so that was really interesting. It’s actually really good. As a zone
leader I didn’t realize how much time I would have to dedicate to the zone. As
a district leader, I was able to work the same amount of time in the field but
as a zone leader we have to go to mtgs in San Pedro and meet with local church
leaders and do a ton of different stuff. I love being able to work in my area
so it has been a little harder to adjust. We as zone leaders have a lot more responsibilities
with the zone, looking out for it, looking for ways to improve, meeting with
missionaries, doing divisions, meeting with church leaders, etc. What I really
like now is that-- now we are very focused in helping other missionaries, that’s
our goal now, to help them-- help others. Elder Tezen is an amazing leader and
I have learned so much by how he leads. He just knows how to solve problems and
lead with love. I definitely have seen many of my own weaknesses and have been
very humbled with the new assignment that I have. Our zone is an existing zone
they just pulled out the 2 old zls and put us in.
Well we have been really excited this past week. Some of the biggest
miracles this past week came from other missionaries, listening to their experiences
and stories, seeing their excitement, and watching them work miracles. I have
learned so much in the past couple of days that I don’t know where to began to explain
it all. Being a leader is a skill. I have been extremely humbled with the
opputunity I have to be able to serve other missionaries. We are really excited
for the new zone, and we really want Olanchito to be a stake! Elder Tezen and I
have been thinking a lot and have come up with some pretty creative and crazy
ideas to be able to find and teach families. I am also extremely impressed with
the branches here. The people here are so amazing. They are so friendly and
willing to help. I am so excited for these next couple of changes!
We had some really great miracles this past week that really
strengthened my testimony on member missionary work. I really like to contact
and its something I really like doing, but I have learned a lot from Elder
Tezen on how to help members to preach the gospel. This past week we tried to
visit members and tried to visit his or her neighbors with them. It was really
awesome to sit down with these members and talk about who we are going to teach
together, where we are going to go, and when we are going to do it. We did role-plays
with the members and it was really great to listen to these members open up.
All faithful members want to share the gospel, the thing that they have trouble
with is knowing how, when, and where to start. This past week I remembered a
saying from my first zone leader, Elder Thalman, that one of our responsibilities
is to help the members preach the gospel.
Another great miracle that we had this past week is one of our
investigators, his name is Mario, has a problem with drinking coffee. He has
been making steady progress and this past week was able to not drink coffee for
a day! Well I hope I answered many of your questions. Sorry my head is still
spinning from trying to get to know the zone, leaders, and the area. It has
definitely been an adventure. Love you guys and hope you guys have a great week. So excited for
Savannah. Hope you guys are doing great and loved to hear everything that is
going on.
Love you guys
Elder Neuberger
| Helping build a mud house...boys never change. Having fun in the mud:) |
No comments:
Post a Comment