Hey well, I have some news, I have changes. On Friday President Klein called me telling
me that they are going to take out my two zone leaders, one of them is
finishing their mission, and the other not sure where he is going. But they are
going to put me and another Elder, Elder Tezen, my old ZL, in their places. So
we are going to be opening the zone! I have been on divisions since yesterday
trying to get to know the area. And because I am going to be a zone leader I
have to go to changes. From Olanchito to changes we have to leave at 3 in the
morning and we get back at 9:30 at night so it will be a busy day of traveling.
The area is a lot nicer and there is a lot more members. The house is also
really nice so I am pretty excited. I’m pretty excited; even though opening an area
is hard you learn a lot. Crazy how time is going by. I do really love it
here in Olanchito the people are so cool. It’s super calm out here. I will be
in another branch, but is a really big branch. Here in this area there isn’t a
stake its a district so they have to wait until its a stake so it can be a
Ward. I will be the branch Bella Vista with two other set of sisters.
I will
send you guys another letter just wanted to let you know what is going to
happen also forgot my stuff to send pictures in the Coyoles house so I am
sorry until next week. Also tell Dan that I’m happy he moved offices because he
told me that if he didn’t I could punch him when I got back.
Love, Elder Neuberger
Hey family!
Sounds like you guys had a really great week. Loved the pictures.
Got the package also and everything was in it. How long ago did you send the
second pack? Did you put my name on it? Because there is a package in the
offices that has been there for a couple of weeks that doesn’t have a name. Let
me know. Well as for this week we had another great week. This past week we
learned a very interesting lesson. I was reading in Ether 6 and found it really
interesting the description they use to describe their boats. He tells us that
their boats were tight like unto a dish. I found their journey across the ocean
like a metaphor for life. That in order to arrive safely at the promised land
we must first have boats that are tight like unto a dish or in other words,
that we can’t have holes in our lives, we need to be prepared. We need to be
prepared in every aspect in our lives. The second thing is that it doesn’t
describe the journey like a peaceful journey but a rough one. Every time they
were swallowed up by the water they prayed unto God to save them. So lesson
number two that when rough waters come we must pray unto God to free us. But my
favorite part is what kind of attitude they had while traveling. It says that
they always gave thanks and gloried their God. I found this lesson very
interesting this past week.
As for the miracles we had many. The largest one came on Sunday when
10 people showed up to church, many of them making many sacrifices to pay for
the bus. The branch has been doing better and for what I have seen have reacted
very well to the new branch presidency. Another big miracle came this past week
with a part member couple. Last week I told you about how they separated but
now they are back together. They seem like they are doing better also.
Something really cool came this past week while we were contacting
in an area that we haven’t been. We contacted a house and put a visit with
them. We returned we started talking with them. One lady looked at us and told
us that she had been going to church in Roatan and the sister missionaries have
been visiting here, but about a month ago she came back to Coyoles. She was surprised
to see us there and thought that maybe the sister missionaries had gave us the
reference. It was really cool to see how we were guided to this family by the
Spirit. I love you guys and I will send you guys pictures this next week! The
computers are a lot nicer here. Have a great week everyone!
Love Elder Neuberger
No comments:
Post a Comment