Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

Week 8: 2 Months Down


Hola! Como estan?
This week was awesome! We taught a ton and walked a ton. Yesterday was very hard because of how much we walked. It has been awesome here because it has been raining in the afternoons so that keeps it a little bit cooler. 

Let me answer some of your questions. My companion is 19 and is from El Salvador. He has been out for 9 monthes and I think this is his second area, not sure. Anyways, its just us in a house. Our house is 1 room, and a little other room where we study, and a bathroom that is really small. I got to take my first bucket shower this week so that was pretty cool. Sometimes the water here just shuts off, I don´t know why. Anyway we are assigned to the Buenas Aires ward. My zone is Miramar which is the stake that I am in. It is amazing how many ward building we have here too.

We had our first baptism this week. His name is Julio and he is 17. He is an awesome kid and was really ready. His grandpa baptised him on Saturday. There were 5 people there. It was so cool! 

Anyways in our stake, zone, we have 30 missionaries I think. Imagine that, having 30 missionaries in our stake! We are the only missionaries in my ward, buenas aires. Our area is pretty big, but what makes it hard is how many hills we have to go up to be able to visit others. Its good though because hopfully it will help keep off the weight from all of the ballietas. The main food they eat here is ballietas, which is tortillas, beans, cheese, eggs, or meat, with mantiquella. The food here is good, but i can´t stand the cheese and the butter. I eat the cheese and butter kind of like pills just to get it down. I have gotten a little sick but not bad, just a couple trips to the bathroom and I´m good to go!

 The language is coming a long and we have had some really awesome expierences this week. Yesterday we went to go teach one of our investigators that lives with a member. His name is Alex, but when we got there, he wasn´t there. The lady that he was living with, who is a member broke down and started crying saying that all the the people she has been married to have left, but in here blessing she was promised that she was going to be able to go to the temple and be sealed. She has 3 little kids and lives in a small brick house down a little dirt path. Her story is so sad, I can barely write it without crying. We started talking with her and I shared a scripture in D&C 121 and bore a testimony that everything was going to be alright and that Christ is always there. I cried the entire time. 

We are so blessed to have a family that is in the gospel, that is together and is sealed. The people here are so humble and are so happy. I love them so much. I don´t really know what to say more. There is so much I want to say. One thing I learned this week was the power of perception. The power of looking at the cup half full rather than half empty. That´s one of the things that gospel of Christ brings to the people is hope. Hope for a better world, Ether 12:4. So many times I get in the rut of thinking that if only I made it to some point then I would be happy. If only I could speak the language I would be happy, if only we had more baptisms or more people to teach. But after all of this I realize that if you can´t enjoy what is happeing right now or be happy where you are then it will be hard to be happy in the future. It is so true, you don´t realize how good you have it till its gone. So that´s kind of became my new goal to be the kind of person that enjoys the journey not just the finish. To look at the cup half full rahter than half empty. To give it my all and rejoice for the hour of my mission has come. The oppurtunity to represent Jesus Christ and to do what he would do, say what he would say, and be what he would be and serve others has come. 

Anyways, I would be lying to say that is has been easy here because it hasn´t, but we don´t grow during easy times but during hard times. I am so grateful for you guys and the support and love and care that you show me, I feel like I say that every week but it is true. I love you guys. I am pray for you guys that you are turning to Christ, and reading The BOM every day. There is a power that comes from reading the BOM. I am so grateful to here everything is going awesome at home, I am am so grateful to hear that everything is ok. That is crazy dad that that happen but I know that there are angels watching over us, and I have no doubt that someone was watching over you. I am so grateful to hear the the car is staying in the family.

 It is so crazy to think that I  have almost been on my mission for 2 months. I did talk to Elder Ochoa and he told me to tell you hi and that he really looks up to you guys. He is a powerful man and it was so nice to hear from him. It kind of energized me. Oh we don´t have to wash our own clothes and lady does it for us. When it rains we get so muddy and wet it is awesome!! 

We eat a members homes a ton, which is good and bad depending on the place. They cook all of there food in so much grease and oil that we you are down there is a think of grease underneath. Well at least the food is cooked!! We have been finding a ton of people and have been teaching a ton. It has been hard trying to balance the time because I feel like there is so much stuff to do that it is overwhelming. I have been getting pretty overwhelmed lately just with how much stuff is going on. I try to eat than I can. That is kind of my problem. Oh Elder Sweat is in my mission, he is serving in roatan. Isn´t that crazy that we have 4 people that I knew before in this mission?
The kids here remind me of you guys. They still like doing the same things, and everyone is on their phones down here to. People still watch TV. There is a little girl that reminds me of Ellie. She´s funny and plays with dolls.
Anyways my heart in full of gratitude and love to you guys and to Heavenly Father for blessing me with a family, a companion, and investigators. We are so blessed, to have have things that we have, to be sealed in the temple, and to have a knowledge of our Savior. May we always remeber him and the things that He has done for us. Let me know if I am forgeting anything, I hopefully we be on for a bit. Anyways I love you guys and thanks for the letters.
Love,
Elder Neuberger

No comments:

Post a Comment