Hola mi familia! How was the race? How is everyone at home?
Last P-Day in the MTC!! Wow I can't believe I am a week from leaving. I got my travel plans and I have to be ready to go at 2:30 in the morning! My flight leaves at 6am from salt lake to Dallas then to Miami then to Honduras! I wrote about the exact plans in my letter but I will have time early morning before 6 to call, then from 10 to about 12 to call then again from 4 to 6pm. Let me know about the phone too. That's what a lot of missionaries are doing. Also I went through my medication and wrote it in my letter so you should get it Wednesday. I am not sure what else besides hand sanitizer and such, just whatever you think I need. After I send this letter I will be back on around 12 or so if you have any questions. This week is going to be pretty simple, we have our Tuesday night devotional tomorrow, we get to escort new missionaries on Wednesday, Thursday is in field orientation, Friday is the day to start packing, Saturday is finishing packing, then Sunday is my last day.
Anyways we had an awesome week here at the MTC. I continue to learn so much everyday. This week we taught a lot of lessons or role plays. They are awesome and we have really been trying to practice figuring out people's concerns and doubts. We are learning to teach people and not lessons. We set a baptism date for one of our investigators, Andres on the 3rd of August. It was pretty cool even though it was one of our teachers. For TRC this past week we taught 2 men, one who had to come home from his mission at week ago because he got really sick. He told me some really cool stuff. He told me just to focus on loving the people and the language will come, the teaching will come. He said that to me like 20 times!! He was out for 6 months and can speak really well!! This past week it has been pretty hard to focus especially since we got our travel plans. We haven't been speaking Spanish very much so we need to do that this week. Elder Gray and Elder Willey are doing awesome! I saw Elder Whiting and he is loving it here! I also saw Elder Franco and Elder Perry and they are both doing great. Elder Richards I think left today.
I have really been trying to slow down and really break down the lessons, my scriptures, and my purpose as a missionary. It has been really cool to see some of the things that are in there. They are amazingly simple. But it is funny how much I have been trying to complicate the simple doctrine when I am teaching and in my life. I have been trying to change my focus from myself onto others and have been trying to focus on what Christ would do, or what He would say, or what He would be. I want to be so much more than I can be, and sometimes I start comparing myself to others. But while reading in 1 Cor 12 I learned some very interesting things. We all have our own individual purposes and we are not all to be the same. The world judges people on how much they get done, or how they do, but Heavenly Father does it completely different, He judges off of effort. As long as you are giving it your all that is all you can do. That phrase has really helped me because sometimes I get so overwhelmed with everything I have to do. We watched the John Tanner story and The Stonecutter last night. Their acts of faith and the sacrifices they made really helped me understand that if they could make such great sacrifices, I can give it my all for 2 years. I learned that following Christ is much more than not doing bad things. It is an effort that begins in the mind, constantly focusing, striving, struggling, and desiring to become better and help others. We are on the path if we are striving struggling and desiring to become someone. Becoming is a lifelong journey, and it doesn't happen in a day, or a week, or even years, it is something that we must always strive towards. The more I learn about and come closer to Christ the more amazed and grateful I become for his selfless sacrifices for me and for all of us. I makes me want to be better.
I loved the cinnamon rolls and so did my district:) The Snows sent me a package and it was really nice what they sent me. Please tell them thank you so much for their love and care they have showed for me. I will try to send them a letter but I am not sure if I will have time. Tell Grandma Beck thanks for sending letters. They have been so nice to read, I love the stories she tells, and the strength she gives me. "A mission is a family affair" President Monson. You guys have been such a form of strength to me and you keep me going when times are hard. Thanks for you support, the love, and the sacrifices you are making so that I can be here to serve others. Thank you so much. I have about 30 min left, so write me back if you have any questions and let me know how the race went. I love you guys and I hope and pray that you are doing great and becoming closer to Christ.
Love you guys.
Elder Neuberger
No comments:
Post a Comment