Pages

Monday, June 8, 2015

Week 102: Last Letter...Bitter sweet


Wow last letter! You know for this last week I managed to be able to get by without it hitting me that my beloved mission was coming to an end. I feel humbled, excited, nervous, sad, ready, not ready, and about everything in between. But today and especially tomorrow it will be hitting me. I am grateful that I got sent to a new area right before I left because the truth is that hardly anyone knows me-- making it a little easier to say goodbye. With every passing moment the reality is setting in that my privilege to serve God full time here in Honduras is coming to an end.
 
One last picture of Kaden...can't wait to get him home!
I would also like to bear my testimony, (I did also yesterday trying to hold back the emotions) I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. I know He lives, I know that this is His work, I know that He has called me to be one of His representatives, and I know that we are members of His true Church. Words cannot explain the gratitude I feel towards Him and our Heavenly Father for the divine plan that allows us to become like Him. He is my hero, my Savior, my Redeemer, my older Brother, and more importantly my Friend. I am grateful for the sacrifices of those who have gone before me. Ancestors, prophets, missionaries, and all those who have brought about this great work. I am grateful for the scriptures that give me that opportunity to come to know my Savior, Jesus Christ. I feel privileged for having been able to serve Him for two years. If He were to ask me again I would do it. I know that in spite of our weaknesses and sins that if we strive to follow Him that His grace is sufficient to save us. My goal is that of an eternal family. I yearn to hear those coveted words, Kaden my good and beloved servant enter into my joy. It feels like it has been forever since I have been home but at the same time like it was yesterday. Dad and Mom and family I want to give you guys my utmost thanks and gratitude for your support as I have served. Your prayers have upheld me and supported me. Your sacrifices have not only blessed me but have blessed others. There are not a lot of missionaries that have not had the support and the encouragement as I have had during my mission. Thank you I love the Honduras people. They will always have a special part in my heart. Well family I love you and I will see you on Thursday!!

Love Elder Neuberger

ps the suitcases are pretty empty hardly any clothes, and just some of my notebooks and scriptures haha, but apparently I can buy souvenirs on Wednesday so don’t worry I will bring some cool stuff home haha. 


Making signs for his arrival!

No comments:

Post a Comment