Pages

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Week 26: Feliz Navidad


Merrrrrrrry Christmas! Felizzzzzz Navidad!! Wow sounds like you guys had a great week this past week! But it probably doesn’t compare to the week that my comp and I had in Buenos Aires (area in Honduras)!  But before I start just wanted to let you guys know what’s going to go on this week! First off we are going to call at 6pm Christmas Day (25) for skype (from what I found out it is the cheapest and smartest way). Let me know if that will be ok. I made a skype account (kadenmarkneuberger) and yes it is true we have been asked limit our calls to 40 min. I’ll try to make some questions but I don’t know if I will have time. We have been extremely busy. We are going to use a member computer so the hour that we call might change. But if you don’t hear from me before plan on 6pm the 25th this wednesday! Also we will be having an activity with the president this Friday so we are looking forward to that. We have been opening little gifts everyday and it has been awesome watching my comp. He wants me to tell you guys thank you. He really appreciates everything. 

But before I start I just wanted to tell you of an activity that the stake had yesterday that I had the opportunity to participate. The Young Single adults in our stake put together an activity where they bought Christmas presents for a really poor section in the stake. We as missionaries went to sing at this activity. There was a Santa and they had all of the little kids sit on the beach (because we were on the coast) and Santa gave out gifts to every little kid that probably wouldn’t have received a gift for this Christmas. It was super special to watch a bunch of dirty little kids, sitting there receiving a gift. That’s how it is here in Honduras. From what I have heard they really don’t celebrate it how we do. It’s a lot simpler. Also it is difficult for the people that work as well. The majority of the people here work every day all day without a break. Many of them come back around 7 and then leave again at 6 the next morning to work. For most of them Sunday is there day off. Also most of the people will spend Christmas as a family, the way it should be spent. People make tamales (which I think you guys have tried, if not look it up they are kind of difficult to explain) so basically we are going to be eating those things for the next couple of days if not week. People have Christmas lights and Christmas trees so that has been cool. I hope that gave you a little taste of what it is like in Honduras. It’s kind of difficult because I have become so accustomed to everything that its hard to find some of the differences. 



Well this week was yet again another great week that we had. I have been extremely impressed with Elder Bajaña and the progress that he is making. He really was what this area needed. As a companionship we have been trying to practice as much as we can and I have really noticed a difference in the way we are able to teach. Also this week we put an extra emphasis with challenging people to baptism and it has really helped us know what the people need. We had a couple of really amazing experiences this week. On Wednesday morning we were walking looking for people to contact and visit after all of our appointments fell through (a somewhat of a normal situation), when I had a thought that we should visit a strong active member that lived pretty close. So we decided to go and when we arrived we found that she was sick. She asked us for a priesthood blessing, and afterwards we started talking and she told us that whenever she needs help and prays for it the missionaries always come to her house to help. She told us that during that morning she really need help and prayed and we showed up in the next hour. It was extremely special for me to hear that, and really strengthened my testimony that we really are the Lords hands. Also like I told you last week we found quite a bit of inactives and have had the blessing to visit with them. for the majority of them we had to answer the difficult question as to why no one visited them for the past 4 years or so. As we began talking with them we realized that a lot of them were only waiting for an invitation to come back to church. 

Something I learned this week. We are all different and that’s ok. I have sometimes found myself during my mission comparing myself with others. I was reminded during this past week that we are all different and that is perfectly fine. We all learn in different ways. The Gospel brings out the best in every person and helps every person become the person they we made to be. I reminded of that from one of the returned missionaries in our ward when he said that every good thing comes from God. Everything that helps, encourages, inspires, uplifts, supports, etc. comes from God. I have always learned that but never really understood it until now. I think that has been one of the greatest blessings of my mission to see how the Gospel blesses families, to watch people and myself change, to see the application in the scriptures, and the most of all to feel and see the Love of God. 

Thanks for your support and hope you have as great of a Christmas that I’m going to have, teaching and testifying of our Savior Jesus Christ! Man can’t wait to talk to you guys on Wednesday! Hope you guys have a great Christmas and always remember the meaning of it. Keep it simple. Many people here don’t have a lot so really it is a time to spend together as a family. But most importantly have fun! The Gospel is fun! That’s something that I have also been trying to do more, smile, laugh, and just have fun! It’s so much easier to anything with a smile! Lets have a great Christmas this year and lets always remember why we celebrate it. My invitation this week is to take some time personally and as a family and share your testimony about Christ and why you are grateful for him. Then offer a prayer of thanks for the priceless gift that he has given us. I love you guys and I am so excited to be able to talk with you guys this Wednesday! I love you guys always remember that. 
Love you guys
Elder Kaden Neuberger

No comments:

Post a Comment