Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 19: Love, Power and Joy


       Mi familia! como estamos? Espero que todo esten bien! Todo esta bien aqui en Buenos Aires. Esta semana pasada fue bien masiso y me dio mas energia y animo por la obra del Senor! Hey guys, how is everyone? We had a wonderful week this week and I am so excited to tell you guys about it. We witnessed a ton of miracles this week which unfortuately I won’t be able to tell you guys about everyone. But before I start I will just answer your questions. My scriptures are doing really well. I made this cool little case thing (mom you would be happy with my craft making skills). I have made a bunch of little cases for my scriptures and books. I will send you a picture.


Kaden's craft making skills coming alive!

But my scriptures have started to come apart but it is completely normal. I think the humidity accelerates the rate at which scriptures break down. But they are good. I love reading the Book of Mormon and the Bible in spanish. It just makes more sense. I have learned a lot from my spanish scriptures than I think I learned out of my english scriptures. Maybe it is just because it forces me to focus more. I am not sure but I really have loved reading in Spanish. All my stuff is holding up really well. My ties have gotten pretty dirty and some even had mold but I sent them off to get washed and they came back really clean so that is good. My shoes are good. Thank you guys for the packages! wow I feel so blessed to have such awesome parents that write me every week and send me packages! I am so excited to get that letter thing and I hope I will have time to read them. As for your letter dad, transfer week we have 2 hours Monday morning to write to the president and our families. Then after it is just a normal week. If you don’t have changes then Wednesday is pday. But as for this week, I am not going to lie I was a little disappointed but right now there is no other place that I would rather be. Dad don’t worry about giving me advice. I really truly love hearing your experiences and your advice. It really helps me. 
Elder Neuberger in downtown La Cieba
This week was really awesome. We witnessed a lot of miracles and also had the opportunity to see answers to our prayers work. Heavenly Father allowed us to also see changes in our ward. The past couple of days we have had an extremely strong spirit with us as we have been teaching and doing missionary work. For example, we probably had one of the most powerful lessons I think I have ever had about the restoration with a new investigator. The spirit was so strong and I felt and I know that she felt the Spirit. We talked about the restoration and I was inspired to say things that now looking back were answers to my own prayers. The joy I felt during that lesson was indescribable. She committed to baptism but doesn’t want to go to church so we are going to work with her for a bit and see what happens. But I learned a lot from that experience. First how much I love being a missionary. Second the power of the Spirit in missionary work. and Third the joy that comes from missionary work. Even though she really didn’t accept our invitation we accomplished our purpose because we taught with the Spirit and invited her to make changes in her life. The love I felt for her was indescribable. I was disappointed that she really didn’t accept but was not disappointed in myself because I knew that we did all we could do.  
Our companionship is doing really well. It really made my week when I heard my comp say that he is really happy to have a companion that actually cares for him. This past week I have been trying to serve my companion more, ironing his shirt, making his bed, etc. It really has made all of the difference. When we first started out as companions I was very critical and judgmental, just wanting him to be better but wasn’t willing to help him. But now I have realized you can point fingers all you want and judge and criticize other people but if you really want them to change you need to support them, love them, and most important be patient. I also have seen this in the ward. A lot of people like to point fingers for different problems that the ward is having but most of them aren’t willing to help, to support and love the people that need their help. In our companionship we have noticed a huge difference. Elder Ampie has told me that he has been feeling a really strong Spirit the past couple of days. 

Also another thing we have really been trying to focus on is following the Spirit more as we are walking and trying to talk with everyone. We had a ton of miracles where people would just come up and start talking to us, some even asking if we would come to their houses. My testimony was definitely strengthened this week with how much of the Lord´s hand is in this work. Yesterday, our Elder Quorum president, who hasn’t come to church for the past 4 weeks, came in to elders quorum and started making plans to visit inactive families. We met at 4 yesterday and left with the other set of elders, 5 men from the ward, and a lot of young men to visit these families. It was truly an answer to prayers that we have had.
This week I truly started to feel and want to do the Lord´s will. This week I started to realize how much I truly love being a missionary, how amazing it is to feel the spirit and the joy of missionary work, to see and help people come unto Christ, and most of all to feel the acceptance of the Lord knowing that you are doing what He wants you to do. I felt like we had a successful week, not because we had really good numbers but because we felt the Lord´s acceptance, knowing that we did our best, tried our hardest and did what He wanted us to do. That has been a goal that I have set, to try to align my will with Heavenly Father´s, or to allow my will to be swallowed up. To submit everything to Him and just to let Him have all of me. This past week I felt like was the first week that I truly gave Him everything, my whole might, mind, strength, heart, and will. Feeling the Lords acceptance has been truly motivating and makes me want to be better. I know that this is where I am suppose to be. There is no other place I would rather be. I love being a missionary. How great is my calling! This was one of the weeks that I didn’t want to end, even though there were hard times I truly felt a joy that was indescribable. Even when we were rejected, plans fell through, and investigators that didn’t keep commitments, it was disappointing but we weren’t disappointed in ourselves. Something that has really helped me keep going is a talk that I read about a week ago by Pres. Eyring. I don’t know what it is called. He says that even after Christ performed the Atonement and when he deserved rest he kept going and preached the gospel in the Spirit world. That knowledge knowing that He kept going when He was tired and wanted to quit has really motivated me to keep doing what He would do.
My siblings. As I was reading your letters I couldn’t help start crying. Probably a little embarrassing in the middle of this internet cafe but Mayson and Mallory I loved hearing about your experience reading the Book of Mormon. And Mallory I was so proud and happy to hear of your honesty on your quest to know that the Book of Mormon is true. And Mallory I can promise you that I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I am so proud to hear that you guys are growing in the gospel. Thanks you girls for your experiences because it truly strengthened my testimony and helped me know that you guys are ok and really thriving in the Gospel. and mom I loved that quote that you sent me. I really started to feel that this week. What an honor it is to be here.  There have been times that have been difficult but I would not trade those times for the things that I have learned and for the person it has turned me into. Thank you guys for everything. For your support for sending me packages and writing me letters. For your love that you show me and taking my commitments and praying for me. For your advice and for the peace that I have knowing that everyone is growing in the Gospel. Thank you guys for your experiences that strengthened my testimony and lifted me up to keep going. 
I really love you guys. Always remember that. Even though we are apart, we are together in purpose to help others come unto Christ, our brothers and sisters. Thank you guys for everything. I love you guys and hope you have a great week. Keep it up!
Love Elder Neuberger 

Kaden with his Zone leader, Elder Flicken.

Elder Neuberger with his zone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment